Monday 29 November 2010

Video Production - headphone splitter, y cable


The item is unusable as a splitter with 2 sets of stereo headphones - the white jack connects to left channel (tip) only and the red jack connects to right channel (ring) only. Yet a careful look at the jacks provided shows they are stereo jacks.



Frankly, I'm not sure what the application is intended to be...I'm unable to come up with any use for it, unless you're a couple who happen to be hearing-impaired in opposite ears. Belkin F8V234 Speaker and Headphone Splitter

I ordered this thinking that i would get a splitter so that i could use two headphones for one jack. All the product did was split the audio into a left and right channel. I could only hear the left side of my headphone that was connected to the white side and vice versa.

This Belkin splitter perfectly split a stereo headphone jack into two stereo headphone jacks. The sound is great, it appears well built, and all the connections are solid. I can't ask for more.



Note that the image above is incorrect. The headphone splitter is actually all black, and looks much better for it.

I was specifically looking for a left-right channel splitter, just like the picture; one regular stereo 3.5mm jack to two separate 3.5mm jacks - one red and one white, for the left and right channels. Many reviewers complained about this cable only splitting the audio into the two separate channels, and that is exactly what I was looking for: a left-right splitter.



I ordered this assuming I would receive the pictured product, the same one the reviewers were complaining about. What I got was a simple stereo Y-splitter, which isn't what I needed or wanted to purchase.



If this seller actually has any 3.5mm left-right splitters, I would love to know and would gladly purchase one.

Like the previous reviewer, I received an all-black splitter.



Every couple of days, I lose the left channel of my speakers. I have to fully unplug and replug the connector to the splitter to get the sound working again. I believe it's the splitter because this does not happen when I don't use the splitter.



When it is working, it sounds fine, but I'm no audiophile. Oh, well. Three dollars.

This is a jack splitter, works fine, and though i do have a use for this (thus the 3 stars), this is not what i intended when i ordered it.



What i was looking for was a 3.5mm to RCA Stereo Female Cable, which is what the picture details, this is not one of those, this is merely a jack splitter, which in itself is fine, however if your like me and aren't overly experienced in tech terminologies, you might look at the picture and purchase the wrong product like i did, so be aware of what this is.



The product is 5 stars, however amazon get's 1 star for not showing the actual product, and thus the 3 stars.

I've only had the product about a month, but it's working as expected and performing fine. I can now have both my computer's speaker combo and the transmitter for my wireless headphones plugged into the same audio jack on my computer, depending on my listening preference at any given moment. (One of my computer's 2 audio jacks got messed up, that's why I needed to buy this product.) Well worth the money spent, IMO.

I really needed this to share music with a friend. After I plugged it in, it worked but was distorting the music. I would consider a higher quality one but if you are looking for an inexpensive headphone splitter, this is OK for a gift or for just sharing music with a friend. - Y Cable - Headphone Splitter - Cables - Audio'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information