Tuesday 30 November 2010

Flip Video - pouch, case


This item was promoted and included as "free" with the Flip Mino camcorder. While the Mino comes with a thin fabric case, this Case Logic bag provides much more protection. It is well padded and fits perfectly. When you want the convenience of the pocket-sized camera, just take it out of this case and you are good to go. I use this to just store the camera when not in use or if I toss the camera in a laptop case along with a bunch of items that could possibly damage the camera. It is well worth the price even had I paid for it rather than get it free. Just a little extra protection for your Flip. Note that the Flip Mino will fit in this Case Logic "pocket" while the camera is still in the factory fabric case as well. So, you can take it out of the padded case and put it in your pocket, still protected from scratches by the fabric case.



As another review pointed out, the bright colour makes it easy to find if it is in a drawer or case with a bunch of other items.



RHB Case Logic UP-2 Universal Pockets Medium (Blue)

I am always impressed by the quality and design of Case Logic's bags, and have several of them - for my Mino and my Canon Vixia HF10 and for my portable hard drive... This is a great little bag for the Flip Ultra and Flip Mino camcorders.



Don't stick with the little flimsy bags they send with the camcorder!



What you want with the Flip is something you can throw in your pocket or purse and pull out on the fly - but for that you really need some extra padding to protect your investment.



I like this a lot better than the soft pouch that Flip (Pure Digital) will try and sell you. I bought their bag for my Ultra and it was sticky (the glue was still on there!) and it's tight fitting, a kind of pain to put on. This one's got a nice padding and is smooth and it's easy to drop your Flip in and take it out. I like the little belt buckle ring that allows you to wear it on your pants - even though my wife gets embarrassed and says it reminds her of a fanny pack when I wear it on my belt loop. Still it's not so bulky that you can't drop the whole thing in a pocket, which I do when my wife's around. A nice little bag, highly recommmended.

I love this case. It works great for the flip MinoHD. It's a little bit larger than the Flip, and the material is made of a lightweight soft nylon that makes it really easy to put in and take out the Flip. Great for capturing those spur of the moment shots. The drawstring is good quality and closes the pouch securely. The weak link in this product would have to be the round clip which is quite flimsy. the pivoting joint which moves the C section of the ring flexes left and right to easily which causes the clip not to close correctly. You have to manually line up the ends and close it precisely with both hands to make it work. I have replaced mine with a quality carabiner clip and that solved the problem. I wanted a clip that was more easy to put on a belt loop or belt than the round one. The case is very lightweight and stain resistant. The fabric is washable. The price is right. I am looking for other applications for this size case. It holds my iPhone really well too. Perhaps it would also be great for a compact digital camera. It has lots of cushion and won't scratch delicate screens. It's a little to small for my Garmin Nuvi however, so I will have to find something else for it! This is a great little drawstring case.

This is a great little bag for the Flip Ultra and Flip Mino camcorders.



Don't stick with the little flimsy bags they send with the camcorder!



What you want with the Flip is something you can throw in your pocket or purse and pull out on the fly - but for that you really need some extra padding to protect your investment.



I like this a lot better than the soft pouch that Flip (Pure Digital) will try and sell you. I bought their bag for my Ultra and it was sticky (the glue was still on there!) and it's tight fitting, a kind of pain to put on. This one's got a nice padding and is smooth and it's easy to drop your Flip in and take it out. I like the little belt buckle ring that allows you to wear it on your pants - even though my wife gets embarrassed and says it reminds her of a fanny pack when I wear it on my belt loop. Still it's not so bulky that you can't drop the whole thing in a pocket, which I do when my wife's around. A nice little bag, highly recommmended.

This product is very useful as a compliment with the Flip camera. You can't beat the price if it is offered for free when you purchase a Flip camera. That is how I obtained my case. The little circle clip is very handy to clip onto a belt. I would recommend this product.

I ordered the Case Logic for my flip video and it fits nicely. The problem, however lies in the clip that is attached. It is very cheaply made and when you try to clip it to something, it doesn't close well. The little lever moves to the side. I'll keep the case because it's padded and easy to find, but I'll probably need to get a different, stronger clip. - Case - Case Logic - Camera Cases - Pouch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information