Monday 29 November 2010

Invicta Watch - invicta, chronograph


I bought this watch off Amazon because I wanted a nice looking watch and didn't currently have one. I got it when it was still selling for $59.99 Some things people might want to know before they purchase.



At 44x13mm this watch certainly has a good amount of heft to it. It's not a problem for me but if you don't want a large watch then look elsewhere.

This watch is very classy looking and I am very satisfied with it's appearance.

It comes with plenty of links for your sizing pleasure.

Yes as some reviewers noted, the instructions are 1 page and are just mostly just illustrations showing you how to use the functions of this watch. This also is not a problem for me because this is not a complex watch and the illustrations show you everything you need to know.



The reason I give this watch 4 stars instead of 5 has to do with the bezel that other reviewers have touched upon. I spent several minutes playing with it and here is the deal: Once you take the little plastic sheet off the face the bezel can rotate counter clockwise in clicks all the way around the face. The problem is that it is mis-alligned. The whole thing is off by half a click. It's not really noticeable unless you are really looking for it and I probably wouldn't have noticed it if the other reviewers hadn't noticed it, but I wanted the triangle on the bezel to be at the 12 o clock position and it is between 2 clicks. And yes the bezel has some play to it as others have noted.



I'm still keeping the watch because it's hardly noticeable and I like the everything else about the watch. Overall I encourage people to look at this as a $60-$70 watch not a $400+ watch and it is a good value. Invicta Men's 6621 II Collection Chronograph Stainless Steel Blue Dial Watch

I just received the Invicta Men's II Collection chronograph stainless steel watch yesterday and was a little disappointed. It would've been a great piece to have but didn't quite live up to my expectations. At first glance, the watch is beautiful. It has a nice weight to it and the bracelet feels exceptionally nice. The thickness of the watch is good but the one that I got, the numbered outside bezel of the watch was misaligned. The bezel is fixed so there's no way that you can adjust this yourself in order to make it line up correctly with the internal face of the watch. I expected a watch with such a high list price to not have quality issues as obvious as this (I didn't pay the list price of course). I read about other Invicta watch reviews in Amazon after I purchased this watch and I was mainly concerned about the watch's ability to accurately keep time. I tried to set up the time correctly and learn the basics of the watch to see if I can do a 24-hours test run on the watch to see if it's up to par with accuracy. It was able to pass the test but unfortunately, I had to figure out a lot of the watch's functionality and adjustments myself since this one only came with a single page, photocopied, all-in-one instruction page (not even a complete manual). I was wondering if I actually got a replica and not the real deal - I even looked it up at the Invicta website and it doesn't seem to be listed anywhere there (maybe an old model). At the end of the day, the fact that the bezel was misaligned, I still didn't feel comfortable giving it as a gift to someone so I decided to return it. I would've been glad to do an even exchange but when I submitted the request to Amazon, they were only able to do a refund. Oh well, I'll try to wait to see if I can get another one for the original price I got it for. Right now, it seems that the price went up $10.00 more than what I originally paid for.



:: -----|| Update ||----- ::

Thanks to the review from C.P. from VA and I was able to get the bezel free. I'm still not too happy with the bezel's craftsmanship (it has some play into it unlike the bezel from the Invicta Pro Diver that I got) but at least, it's functional. I've played with watches in the same (original) price range as this watch and the bezel shouldn't have as much play as it should. Overall, I like the watch enough that I'm willing to keep it but I don't feel that the MSRP reflects the overall quality of the item that I got - the price that I paid for is more realistic from what I gather.

After watching the presentations of Invicta on TV, i decided to get this watch because of its large size and very practical pricing. The watch is actually larger than i thought it would be, and about the most my wrist can handle. The main reason i got it was that i am far sighted and wanted a nice looking watch where I would not have to put my reading glasses on to tell time. There is good and bad. The main dials i can see without glasses, as well as the day of the week and chronograph minutes. However, I cannot see the day of the month in the little window as it is too small. With my glasses on, of course, I can see everything perfectly.



Now here is the interesting part. The Invicta is a very impressive, albeit large, watch. When i went to the jewelry store to have some links taken out, the jeweler thought I had paid several hundred dollars for it, and my adult son estimated about $500; it holds its own very well in appearance with upscale watches (e.g. Breitling). When i tell people what i actually paid they are blown away, and i still can't believe it, given the quality and appearance.



So the good is: very impressive, dressy and classy, and big, most cost effective, a nice gift.



the bad: big, may be too big for small wrists (not for a child), and if you have to wear reading glasses, you STILL won't be able to see the day of the month without putting them on.



In summary: a very nice, albeit big, dress watch, that comes off as being worth hundreds of dollars. Glamour for the budget conscious.



Ah yes, for those who don't know, if you register online you get a 5 year extended warranty. Also, the instructions downloaded from the web site are much nicer than those that are packed with the watcy. - Blue - Invicta Watch - Chronograph - Invicta'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information