Thursday 27 October 2011

Basic Mice - dell, mouse


I like the design of this Dell USB optical mouse, sleek looking. It's good for left or right handers. No mouse ball to clean, ever. I don't like cords, but hey, no batteries to change! There are only three mouse buttons, left, right and middle (wheel). The wheel has the tactile "click" when scrolling, which I prefer.



The only problem with this mouse is that its left mouse button wears out. Probably the right button would too, given enough use. I purchased this mouse to replace an identical one, whose left-click went south. Single clicks were registering as double-clicks, and that was causing all sorts of problems, obviously. But until the same thing happens to this new one, it's a good basic mouse that's easy to use. The last one was good at for at least a couple years. For the price (under $10), it's fine. Dell Black Deluxe USB Optical Scroll Mouse XN966

Turns out that I don't like the "Wasp Waist" center curve but the mouse works just fine. Replaced an old mechanical ball mouse. Just plugged this into the USB port and it worked first time every time. Nothing has ever crashed or needed reprogramming.

I don't have a whole lot to say about this mouse. It's a basic, functional mouse. It has just your standard left button, right button, and scroll wheel, nothing fancy here. It works fine, with plenty of precision for my needs.



The one complaint I have is that this mouse has one of the loudest scroll wheels I have ever encountered. I have started sometimes using the page up/down buttons on my keyboard instead of the scroll wheel in order to keep the noise to a minimum in the office.

This is the mouse a lot of computers at my local college use on their Dell computers. I liked the mouse so much, I searched around Amazon trying to find it, and sure enough there it was.



The build quality of the mouse is very sturdy for the price, and I'm still using it a little over a year after the purchase. It's still going strong. The mouse is very comfortable and fits nicely in the hand. This is a great product from Dell, and I'm surprised at finding a Dell name-brand mouse at such a low price.

The Dell Mouse I have came with the Dell 400, Zino HD that I purchased. The mouse worked great when new; but soon developed problems such as the cursor would not move or the light would go out underneath and it would stop working. Other times it just did not work right, it would be off and on. It could be a short circuit in the wire. I finally ordered a Kensington Pro Fit(tm) USB/PS2 Wired Full-Size Mouse since the Dell mouse was small for my large hands. So if you expect to buy a mouse every other month or so; maybe it is fine. My Mac mouse has lasted years (2005) and now it is 2010. So I expected the Dell mouse to last longer. I tried out using another kensington mouse that I have (Mouse in a box, optical 2) which works fine in my Zino HD or my eMac. It is larger than the Dell mouse though about the same size over all. I would suggest a different mouse if you are going to buy one to last.

The seller shipped the mouse right away and the optical mouse is outstanding! It is easier to click, either right or left mouse buttons than a lot of other mice than I have owned! In fact I might purchase another one and take it into work!! - Dell - Optical Mouse - Optical Mice - Mouse'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information