Thursday 27 October 2011

Micro Sd Card - micro sdhc, 8 gb micro sdhc memory card


Brought transend 8 gb microsdhc with usb card 2.0 reader ts8gusdhc6-p3 from amazon. Card is fine, but reader doesn't work. Could have bought it cheaper without reader, but really wanted the reader. Lesson learned. Transcend 8 GB Class 6 microSDHC Flash Memory Card with USB 2.0 Card Reader TS8GUSDHC6-P3

Just purchased this item this month (5/09) and used it twice before the USB adapter came apart into three pieces while removing it from the USB plug on my computer cracking the microSDHC card in the middle at the same time. The card itself worked fine, until it was broken in the adapter. While the adapter did work before it broke, it did not slide into the USB port easily like other USB plug in items do. I cannot recommend purchasing this item.

This was about the cheapest way to get a Class 6 8GB microSDHC card. I'm using the elago Mobile Nano II USB 2.0 microSDHC Flash Memory Card Reader with it because it is a much smaller device.



I used robocopy to performed a brute speed test with a 700 MB file:

copy from a 7200 RPM SATA II disk to a 10,000 RPM SATA II disk: 64,262,230 Bytes/sec

copy from a 7200 RPM SATA II disk to a 2GB standard microSD card: 5,900,062 Bytes/sec

copy from a 7200 RPM SATA II disk to the Transcend 8 GB Class 6 microSDHC card mounted in the elago reader: 17,561,145 Bytes/sec



The Transcend Class 6 microsSDHC card is about 3 times as fast as the standard microSD card.

Got this for my HTC. Works great and I love the card reader because I can swap my micro into my car's head-unit for music. The reader is not too bulky on my key chain and seems durable so far. The card itself is decent for read/write speeds when transferring data. I used to have this company's higher speed card but it was only up to 1GB. I hope they start making the higher capacities in the faster speeds. As always good service from Amazon. I recommend this product.

Both these are awesome for the price.I put the card in my phone and all I have to do to get pictures off is use the tool and plug it into my computer...all for only like 15 bucks.No more extra charges on my phone account for transfering pictures to my email.Very convenient.Thanks Amazon.I can always find a great deal on your website.

The important part of this combo--the SDHC card--is absolutely fine: Fast, compatible, and everything it should be. The reader is just a teensy bit on the chintzy side: All-plastic (except for the contacts), and the card sometimes gets caught under an alignment tab when inserted. It works fine, but it's just not quite as nice as the one from Kingston, for example.

PROS:

It's fast (it's a class 6 card)

It comes with a free reader



CONS:

My HTC Touch Pro didn't like it at ALL. I tried several other readers, and phones, and the card worked perfectly in all of them (this includes two Dell laptops and their built in SDHC readers, my HP dv2, a cheap 3.5" multi-card reader, a Nokia E71, and the included reader). Something about the Touch Pro and this card just didn't work. I thought a microSD card is a microSD card is a microSD card, but I guess I was wrong.

My rating is really for the microSDHC card and not the USB card reader. This microSDHC card is an excellent value. I have three and I use them for business use in our corporate phones and have been using them for about three months with no problems. I don't use the USB card reader that came with the cards though.



CONS:

- The card reader that comes with the microSDHC feels cheap to the touch and is easy to break. I broke one by accident and other readers have complained about them breaking as well.



PROS:

- Great price per GB for a microSDHC card

- Excellent for expanded storage in smartphones and PDAs

- Worry free...I've deployed 3 of these for business purposes and have had zero problems to date with the cards (can't really rate the USB card readers though)



Four stars for the card but couldn't give 5 stars because the card reader is so cheap. If you really need the USB card reader, opt for a different product, but if all you need is the card, this combo is sometimes cheaper than just the card and you always have the USB card reader just in case. - Microsdhc - Class 6 - 8 Gb Micro Sdhc Memory Card - Micro Sdhc'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information