Thursday 27 October 2011

Hair Cutting Scissors - shears, haircut


I had two questions when I ordered these:



One, does a screw hold the blades together so they can be separated for cleaning and sharpening? Yes, it is removable. And the bearing area around the screw is not highly polished so it can take oil.



Two, is the thumb hole generous enough for a fat thumb? Yes and no, I'd say. It fits me, but it isn't real roomy. It's an ellipse about 2cm by 2.3cm. If you wear XL gloves, this is probably not the tool for you.



One more feature I didn't see in the description or the picture is the gold coating around the finger loops and about 2cm up the stems. They look nice. SE 7.5" Barber Scissors

These shears do the job so well! Sharp as described and they make hair cutting a snap. I cut my own hair and where my old scissors used to push hair in front of them (sign of dullness), these shears just cut right into it. Neat sharp cuts and I'm done in half the time.

These are so, much faster and easier than the new ones on the market. These have pasted the test of time. If you have very thick hair or have a pet with thick hair, this is just what you need. Don't buy the ones they sell at the beauty supply houses these days they only cut single cuts and takes twice the time to thin your hair.

these scissors are annoying they dont cut, theres a review that asks if the screw can be removed well it CANT BE! i tried and the little screw stripped because it doesnt even budge. these scissors are crap i had to buy another pair at target which are like 100 times better than these.

i even tried to cut a piece of paper and the paper just folded in between the blades and didnt cut i was so mad the blades are so loose on the scissors your hair will do the same and just slide between the scissors with out being cut. USELESS USELESS USELESS USELESS USLESS USELESS USELESS USELESS! DONT BUY, DONT WASTE YOUR TIME, OR MONEY, JUST TAKE MY WORD.



i really dont understand how the reviews the scissors suck man!

Great Scissors! They remain sharp after many haircuts! The tips are pointed, but not to the extreme, where they would puncture a person's skin if the barber came in at too much of a direct angle to a persons neck or head. Some scissors have almost a needle point...which is crazy!

The thumb and finger holes are a good universal size. We are very satisified with them in every aspect, even the price was very reasonable! I would highly recommend them!!

The scissors I received were about two inches shorter than the advertised length of 7.5". The short scissors cut well so I wasn't going to complain until the multiple requests for a review. So here it is. My scissors are short!

I bought this a few weeks ago and to be quite honest, I am SO not happy with these. I thought it would be good quality because i read a few good reviews. Well, I was wrong. They were dull, i had to sharpen them. On top of having to sharpen them, there was too much friction while i was snipping. I can only do so much and I really don't trust these scissors on my hair. Also, they were MOST DEFINITELY used. there were chips and it was scraped up. There is no way they were new like they were supposed to be when i ordered them.

These shears work great! I am totally amazed considering the low price. They have a nice feel and clip off a good chunk of hair nice and smoothly.

(Edited) I ordered two more pair. Alas, my experience was more like the negative reviewers. The craftsmanship was crude, with the front face stamped instead of ground and the label inked not etched. The edges were terribly ground. Both pair had a rougher action and were not sharp. - Haircut - Hair Accessories - Scissors - Shears'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information