Thursday 27 October 2011

Expansion Pack


While it is true, many have had issues with the download versions of Generations, the problem has been solved, and when I downloaded my game, I had absolutely NO issues!



To solve the issues, FIRST do the folowing: (as in BEFORE you download Generation, this makes the download smoother, but you can still get your game to work if you download first. You will just have to search for the download in your computer files to find the correct install file)



* Delete all MODS and Custom Content you have downloaded.

* Open your EA Download Manager and preform the update (it will prompt you, or it did for me)

* Open up your Sims 3 game, and open the

* Restart your computer.

* Download/Install Generations. You may or may not need to restart your computer again.



After these steps you're game should work perfectly! Mine did, and it really is worth the trouble! You get all kind of new items and interactions. I laughed when I saw the "be frisky" interaction pop up under the "Romantic" tab. You won't be disapointed, it's definitely the best Expansion they've relesed! The Sims 3: Generations [Download]

I have not yet purchased this expansion pack, but I wanted to help the reviewers who are having trouble installing it. Occasionally while patching/updating your Sims 3 game in the Sims 3 Launcher, the game is not fully patched: either you exit out of the update too early or an error occurs. You are usually unaware when this happens. The failed update can cause a mismatch in the versions between the base game (Sims 3) and your current expansion pack. The game may run fine at first, but when you try to update it in the future or add another expansion pack, you get an error and can't play the game.



The SOLUTION to this issue is to manually patch the base game. There are several tutorials online on how to do this, plus the latest patches that you can download. In a nutshell, look for the latest downloadable patch for the Sims 3 base game, not one of the expansion packs, that also corresponds to your region code (1-7) and run it to patch the base game. This should allow you to fully update through the launcher and/or install this expansion pack.

I purchased this game for my daughter since it was an instant download. Unfortunately, didn't read all the problems until after it didn't work for us. Instead of going through and deleting things I was able to go to the Amazon Games & Software folder that was created on her system (under Documents) and I searched for setup.exe files. I found two - TS3....update and Sims3EP04setup. I downloaded the TS3 file update first and then selected the game setup file. It then asked me for the Product Key (which we weren't asked for when installing the first time), entered product key and it completed the download. Game is now working fine. I am NOT tech savy so I'm not sure if these explanations help anyone but I hope so - it was very frustrating!! Product key is available back in Your Account folder. There is a link to the product key when you search for your purchase/order.

My game never worked correctly! it even damaged my exisiting Sims games that were previously installed. I'm not the cause of this error. Re-downloaded 2 times with Amazon and twice directly from EA...waste of time, do not buy Generations!

I have been with The Sims franchise since the very first game and I have every installment, expansion and item pack. This is a fun expansion pack, but unlike Nightlife and Ambitions it does not contain an additional world or additional careers. It does allow additional activities such as Prom, Graduation, learning to drive etc. but you don't actually get to see any of them, only some commentaries during.

The newest addition, boarding school, is probably my favorite add-on as I love having big families, but after awhile they can be a bit tiring, now I can just ship them off to one of several boarding schools that will grow specific talents like logic, athleticism, art/music etc.

You can also create an imaginary friend that, if treated properly, can even become a controllable player and member of the family.

I like this expansion, but it isn't one of my favorites. It is definitely not worth $30. I'm very glad I used a coupon that took off $15 otherwise I would feel very cheated.

My advice is to wait for Sims Pets to come out before you purchase this as there will be a price drop on Generations since it won't be the "new one" anymore.

If you're a Sims lover like I am you'll definitely want to add this to your collection, but if you're only a part-time gamer I'd just skip it and get either Nightlife or Ambitions because they'll give you much more bang for your buck.

Didn't think that I'd like this expansion pack, but after playing it for some time it has to be one of my favorites. There are lots of interactions with other sims added to the game. Teens have a lot more fun stuff to do, and if you don't like playing with a child/teen in your family, you can send them away to boarding school and have them come back with skills/etc! Very fun. Lots of new items, too. Worth it for the price!

The download went smoothly, and playing the game was a lot of fun. For the record this game really adds a bunch of small new features instead of a few big features so be warned. I was able to play the game with no hassle though, and that's what's really important.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information