Thursday 27 October 2011

Downloadable Game


The game is great. Runs smoothly. Reminds me of when The Sims first came out and I was addicted! Definitely recommend.



However, I didn't like the Amazon downloader. The idea is great. The average download time was 2 and a half hours, but mine took about 4 hours, and I don't think it was my new HP laptop's fault. But, the game did eventually download. You just need to go through various stages of downloading and each take an eternity. You think that once you get past the first download stage that you're done, so you get disappointed when there's about three more that take just as much time. Just don't get too excited to play when you order it, keep your patience! The Sims 3 [Download]

I have gone through about 6 redownloads via Amazon's downloader. Averaged about 2.5 hour downloads. Every time I download completely and click on "Install" on the Amazon Downloader, NOTHING HAPPENS. I go into the file & click on "Autorun" & NOTHING HAPPENS (it originally would launch the Sims 3 Launcher, I would click "play" and it would ask me to insert disc...for a DIGITAL DOWNLOAD). I go into the file & click on "Sims3Setup", InstallShield Wizard loads, & when it stops loading, I get an error message saying that "Sims 3 version 1.00.632 is already installed. This installs version 1.0.631. You must uninstall previous versions in order to install this version." I contacted Amazon, and they sent me straight to EA tech support. I sent them an email 3 days ago & still have not been responded to. So, I have been live chatting with EA for the past 2.5 days UNSUCCESSFULLY. They said that my issue was complicated & needed to be sent to a "Senior Advisor"...I waited 50 minutes for this Senior Advisor, got to number 1 in the queue, & then go a message saying that no Advisor was available & that the chat was cancelled. REALLY?! Amazon and Electronic Arts should be ASHAMED of themselves. A digital download should NOT be this difficult. My PC is about 2.5 years old and meets all of the requirements. So, what is the problem?? This feels like $35 DOWN THE DRAIN! I WANT MY MONEY BACK, OR A LEGITIMATE DISC!!!!!!!!

Great game and well worth the long download wait time. Runs smoothly on my older model PC; haven't tried it on my Mac. 4 stars instead of 5 because the sound track tends to sound like a broken record sometimes. I guess it gets "stuck" or something. So, I just keep the music turned off most of them. The environmental sounds are fine and the game plays well.



I hope Amazon will provide expansion packs via the same easy download method.

This was one of my first purchases through Amazon's digital download service. I think the service is outstanding and will return. Unfortunately, the quality of the merchandise purchased was disappointing.



I have a brand new brand name machine with an i7 processor, 8GB of RAM, and an ATI Radeon HD 5700 video card running Windows 7 64-bit. I have updated drivers and very few active services and background processes. Despite exceeding recommended requirements, Sims 3 ran poorly with choppy graphics. Eventually, my little Sims started vanishing. I have discovered that this is a known glitch that has not been patched since the game was rolled out many years ago. The glitch means the game you were playing is no longer playable and you must start over. To make things worse, it will eventually happen again with the new game.



Generally, I try to avoid any games with the EA logo but given the games popularity I decided to give Sims 3 a whirl. While I think EA comes out with great game concepts, I am often frustrated by the poor design and implementation. Whether for XBOX 360, PC, PS3 or any other platform, I expect EA games will crash regularly, and have serious design flaws. Unfortunately, Sims 3 is no exception.

I've always enjoyed the Sims series. Not sure why it's so fun to guide your virtual people around, but it's a good distraction. I was disappointed at first with the new lifespan feature and how short it seemed. However I found you can adjust it from the options so you can have your Sims age much slower, or even turn it off all together. I'm still not used to the new neighborhood interface either - I tried to have two families live in the town at the same time, but messed it up somehow. I also wish there were more towns in the game, without having to buy a bunch of extra junk.



As for the digital download, I had very little trouble. I've got Windows 7 64 bit and the game runs fine. When I first downloaded the game, Windows said the launcher program had stopped working (in other words, crashed), but it loaded the game just fine anyways. After a month there was an update, and that problem went away.

I never really thought I would like sims at all, but then I was visiting my friends and they got me addicted to the sims 3, so when I got home I tried to download it for pc and it would say "sorry somthing is not working please try agian later"! so far I've tried to download it for 2 days but it keeps saying the same thing, I keep thinking its the company because i have been able to put other things in my cart! But I'm still going to keep trying because it was soooo much FUN!

I love the fact that the Sims are now able to have a vehicle, go to their neighbors without having to be invited. I'm just addicted to the Sims period! Great game...teaches the younger age group some responsibility as well!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information