Thursday 27 October 2011

Beginners Yoga Dvd - yoga, yoga dvd


This set of DVDs covers everything you need - if you are starting out and need extra work, to targeting issues to having workouts to wake up and go to sleep to.



I borrowed one of the DVDs for a couple of weeks from a friend who has been practicing a few years and who started out with the one to increase flexibility. (She also has the other DVDs and uses them all the time) This DVD is very good to get you started if you have not done yoga or are early in your yoga practice, really helped me get a basis with assistance and then move along.



Stress Relief is usuable by pretty much anyone with routines designed to help stress issues, digestion, hips, neck and so on. The relaxtion routines are easy to do and very effective. Though Stress relief has some routines for morning and evening, AM/PM has a wide variety of routines for the morning and evening.



I was able to mix and match as I worked through things and there is a ton of variety. Will be able to use this for a long, long time. Yoga for Beginners Boxed Set (Yoga for Stress Relief / AM-PM Yoga for Beginners / Essential Yoga for Inflexible People)

After four months of using this Box Set, I am extremely pleased with the purchase as someone new to yoga.



The Box Set consists of 3 DVDs - Essential Youga For Inflexible People, Yoga For Stress Relief and AM PM Yoga. Needless to say there is a lot of variety between the videos and plenty to work with.



The Inflexible title has routines that range from 5 to 10 minutes to up to around an hour or so (for use as you get better/stronger) and includes ways of making things earlier as you learn.



The Stress Relief has a TON of poses and workouts to help you target problem areas, such as headaches, and is very good and effective.



The AM PM focuses more on things to help you energize and relax. The teachers provide enough verbal cues and reminders on positioning and breathing so that I feel that I am really learning how to do things properly at a good pace.



Just love it.

The videos are great! These are put together just for beginners and are not difficult for those individuals who may have difficulty with standard Yoga poses and positions. I would recommend it for anyone who is a beginner, wants to work on stretching, relaxing, and getting their morning energy for the day. The narration is soothing and done very well.

First DVD in set has good routines with good dialogue by the instructor - not too much repetition of the moves - this 1st DVD is referred to as "AM/PM Yoga for Beginners" w/10 plus "Easy to Follow Routines". For someone who is only interested in the routines, I would delete the Dalai Lama's talk on meditation, not really needed for intense yoga practice.



2nd DVD titled "Yoga for Stress Relief" does not focus on too many yoga moves - the titled selections don't indicate a break in the supposed 20+ routines - also too much intro of "ocean waves" - In proper yoga techniques the instructor (in background) should be saying "inhale" and "exhale" not breath in and out, otherwise after trying the moves, I agree the routines for stress do work, with the exception of being too much pressure on the back of the neck.



Last DVD titled "Essential Yoga for Inflexible people" has an unbeleivably long routine which went past an hour - didn't really see any break in this routine, can get tiring after a while holding some of the poses for too long. Otherwise the content is good and acceptable. Instructor takes too many breaks in explanations, needs an easier and lighter flow to her narration.



Otherwise the set is still a good choice for variety of yoga practice.

I work shifts and find it hard to get classes for anything that work consistently into my schedule. I've wanted to try yoga for a long time and doing it at home is the only option. This box set has been phenomenal. Right now I mostly use the Inflexible DVD and the AM/PM DVD. If you are really inflexible, that one is fantastic. It's very remedial and just what I needed. Maggie really knows what she's doing. Using a chair has finally made yoga something I can actually do and benefit from. Every week I'm relying on it less. Eventually I'll move up to the regular Beginner DVD in the box. With these 3 DVDs I think I'm set for quite awhile. There's so much on them. Great value. Great programs.

I don't like to give bad reviews but I was not impressed by this product. I bought these to teach with, but they are not the quality I was hoping for.



The sequences were so split up that relaxation was hard to accomplish if not impossible.



I was also surprised at how much REPEATED FOOTAGE is on each DVD. Don't pay for the same footage arranged into different sequences!!! It is as if they shot all the poses and then cut and pasted each pose into a choppy routine. I would've liked better to have seen one instructor go through a "workout" all at once.



The image is of three DVDs in their own cases, but the item I received was one DVD case with all three DVDs in it.

I absolutely love these dvd's!! I am a beginner and was able to follow along with the poses. She gives alternatives for people who can't do a pose fully. I think this is a great box set for any beginners who are interested in starting yoga. The setting is calming as is the instructors voice. She's very informative and helpful! I'd recommend these to anyone starting out!

This a great way to learn. I have been using this awhile and have been very pleased with it so far.



There is one DVD that really helps get you started with modified routines and some regular routines, while the other two are more general with poses that are good for beginners and other things added on to the things to do.



I have been able to work on my flexibility with the DVD that is designed to help inflexible people and also have been able to work on specific issues with the stress relief DVD. The AM/PM is a nice general DVD with things to energize and relax depending on the time of day.



With the amount of material on all the DVDs it is a great collection even if you do not use all of it. - Fitness - Yoga - Yoga Dvd - Health'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information