Friday 28 October 2011

Skeleton Watch


Aesthetically it looks nice. Look a little closer and you'll see the number 4 is written wrong. Seriously its in the product picture go look right now I'll wait... I tried contacting the company to ask why 4 is written IIII instead of IV...after a week I have yet to hear a response. I also thought it a little strange that they have "Swiss" written half a billion times all over the box and their website. There is nothing Swiss about this watch. It is a cheap-o made in china watch.



My recommendation is to save your money for a better watch. If a company has to explain in its FAQ why the price on amazon is a lot less than the MSRP (which this company does. check it out sometime) it is just trying to cover up the fact that the watch is worth about a quarter of the selling price. Stuhrling Original Men's 313A.331531 Macbeth Classic Automatic Gold Skeletonized Dial Watch

This watch is truly remarkable for its price. Its a pleasure to look at and receives many compliments. Right out of the box there were no problems and it wound up great. I will say that hand wind wathces can get a little annoying at first but then you find yourself winding it regularly without much thought or frustration. It really looks like a much more expenseive piece than it is priced. It far exceeded my expectation in quality of finish, appearance, and function. For the money, you can't go wrong. I will definitely be purchasing more Stuhrling Original Watches.

Bang versus buck, how much you get for what you spend. This one's got it.

Downside:

I had expected a synthetic sapphire crystal. I don't know about their new process.

It is difficult to see the skeleton hands due to the busy interior

No where can I find where the pieces parts are from or where they are assembled. Not the watch, packing or website.

When you pull the crown out to set the watch, it keeps on running, you can't syncronize.

I think it is big, but that is the style. It is not cumbersome, not too heavy. My dress shirt and jacket slide over it with just one arm shake.

Upside:>

This watch presents itself extremely well. It has motion. It has depth. It displays a different look with different angles, a rare characteristic.

The case is stainless, the material and workmanship of the innards appear of quality.

At the price, this watch is an exceptional value.

This is a great watch. I work at a bank, getting comments on it all the time. Very professional looking, yet not too tight laced. Fun watch, recommend it well.



Good Watches, Good Times, Smooth Moves.

Received my Brand New Watch on time from Amazon. Large looking orange box, carefully packaged. Overall, and for the price, its a great looking timepiece. I did read the part that said "mechanical" winding so no surprises there...it really has been a long time since I had to do THAT, but happy for the looks and for the attraction and comments I get from it.

This is not a Swiss brand or some sort of name brand watch. It's like Fossil or those, just one of those market brands and is made in China. But that's fine, and it looks good with a large face. The workmanship looks good and part of the watch is clear to the rear side so you can see your tattoo on your wrist if you have one. I also have a MontBlanc auto wind watch and if I leave it on bed side for a night it slows down so I still have to adjust it almost daily. To that extend the old fashioned manual wind works fine with me. The band is a little hard to my taste, maybe it will get softer over time.

I saw someone criticized the number IIII instead of IV as Roman number should be, then I checked other watches such as Rolex and they all use IIII, so I guess that's the way watches are designed.

Overall for 80 bucks it's a nice eye catcher I feel.

I looked at the title and I wasn't careful enough to look at the details where it said "manual winding". So now I have to wind it up every morning :(



Also, it is hard to see time because of very thin hands in the open-heart watch.



Otherwise, the watch is very well made and is very beautiful. It feels like it is meant to be a piece of jewelry, not a device you can use to check time.

I got thisfor my father as his gift for fathers day and he was speechless!! The watch looks amazing, the attention to detail and the presentantion of the box is unique, makes a great gift even if its for yourself. Another review says its not an automatic but it is, it doesnt need a battery to run the movement which makes it an automatic timepiece and yes it is a manual winding watch, but it only takes a second to wind it!! overall it is a unique timepiece that anyone would enjoy specially on that price tag! Trust me it looks like a $20,000 watch.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information