Thursday 27 October 2011

Camera Batteries - camera batteries, canon digital camera


Yes it adds extra weight but balances the camera out nicely with long tele lens. Combine this unit with the Power2000 LP-E6 replacement batteries and you can easily shoot 500+ images without having to recharge. Extra nice option is the AA battery carrier included so you always have a back-up.



Make sure you attach your camera strap to the bottom of the grip instead of leaving it on the right side of the camera. It stays out of your way when attached to the bottom of the grip PLUS it lets the camera hang lens down which is a nice thing. BG%2DE9 Battery Grip for EOS 60D D%2DSLR Camera

I must say, this product is fantastic!! You pay for QUALITY. Very rugged & feels it was built to last!

It does add a bit of weight to it, but for me, it balances the whole camera out especially if you have a huge telephoto lens on there.

After using it for quite a while, you will get used to the weight and just holding makes you feel like the camera is more solid!



It comes with 2 magazines. One of which holds 2 LP-E6 batteries and the other holding 4 AA batteries. Also comes with a little pouch for holding the other magazine while the other is in use!



I'm glad I purchased it. And I hope this review helps you decide!

I love this battery grip. Especially it's made for EOS 60D. It handles nicely - I have medium size hands and no issues. Rubber grip is same material as with the camera body. Good finish matching the body as well - good curves matching the body. Connects tightly with the body with no issues. Button controls are properly placed on the grip. I'm having a great experience with it!

The battery grip appears to be made of the same rubber and plastic as the EOS 60D, so the two pair up very nicely. My kit lens (18-135mm) causes the whole unit to lean forward slightly when sitting on the table. I am sure the stability would vary depending on the weight of your lens.



I seriously considered purchasing a 3rd party battery grip, but I kept coming across so many bad reviews ("doesn't function properly," "smells bad," "rubber is peeling off," etc.)



When I first inserted the batteries into the BG-E9's tray and attached the grip to my 60D, one of the batteries was not recognized. After removing the batteries and reinserting them, the camera recognized both batteries. The extra tray for 6-AA batteries is a nice feature. However, I read that the 6-AA tray is to be used under emergency situations, not on a regular basis. There is even a nice bag for whichever tray you are not currently using.



Supposedly you can get up to 800 shots per battery (when not using "Live View").



You get what you pay for. Canon's stuff isn't cheap, but it works great!



BOOK RECOMMENDATION

For someone new to DSLRs, like me, I would highly recommend David Busch's book David Busch's Canon EOS 60D Guide to Digital SLR Photography, that is if you own a Canon 60D. It has been VERY helpful to me.

I can't stand using a camera without a battery/vertical grip, so when I got the new 60D I decided to order this one. I really like how the 60D was made with the battery/vertical grip in mind. Let me explain: I also have the 40D with the battery grip, but when shooting in vertical mode, the auto focus selector is (in vertical orientation) on the upper left hand side on the back of the camera (positioned there obviously for horizontal shooting format where it has easy access for the right hand thumb) which makes you have to reposition your hand to the top of the camera anyway. The 60D however has it's auto focus point selector around the back dial, which is in close to the thumb in both horizontal and now vertical orientations. Now I can operate the 60Ds basic photo taking functionality in both orientations with equal ease! LOVE IT!

This battery grip may be a little bulky and add some weight to an already heavy camera, but when you can snap a few thousand images without recharging it is worth it, that is if you have the memory cards to keep up.

It fits the canon 60D. The batter door on the body fits nicely into the battery grip for storage. Get plenty of shooting time even with using LCD screen. I have always used battery grip with my DSLRs. Nice for portrait shots although can be too big if you use leave a quick release plate permanently on the bottom. I don't have very small hands either. It helps balance with larger lenses and the weight helps to stabilize the camera and reduce shake. Also the battery magazine is great in case the batteries die for whatever reason and you have no access to a outlet to charge the batteries. Just throw in some AAs and you are ready to go. Helpful when you do a lot of remote landscape photography.

My last grip was a 3rd Party one, and it was obviously not the same quality as Canon. It's worth the extra money for sure, especially if you use it frequently (which I do). It holds two batteries and comes with a little bag that holds a AA battery compartment for emergencies (I've never used it since I always have two spare batteries ready for long shoots and big events).



2 fully charged batteries usually last me a whole day of shooting. I buy cheaper 3rd party batteries and have no issues with them. However, the Canon grip quality is definitely better than the other companies selling them for half the price. - Digital Slr - Camera Batteries - Canon Digital Camera - Canon Eos'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information