Thursday 27 October 2011

Card Making - blank cards, greeting card paper


Cards were easy to use, after alignment was set properly. Images were crisp and sharp on finished product. When separated there were no ragged edges. Love them and would recommend them for homemade cards that look professionally made. Avery Personal Creations Textured Heavyweight Note Card and Envelopes, 4-1/4 x 5-1/2, 50 per Box (3379)

. . . for creating a brilliantly colored greeting card on your ink jet printer. This card stock is heavy-weight and has a matte coating on both sides -- no bleeding through on your back-to-back printed cards. The new chroma-based inks -- or other high-quality inks developed by your printer manufacturer -- works perfectly on this stock. I tend to use large areas of color in many of my card projects and I love the rich colors that I am able to show off with these cards. Years ago, 3M was producing some of the best card stock for greeting cards. Their top-of-the-line stock was coated and it gave great results. After 3M left the printing materials market, it was impossible to find coated stock due to environmental concerns. I am so glad paper manufacturers were able to resolve any issues with the coating material. Avery, my new Canon PIXMA printer, and an almost OK greeting card software package help me to produce some very nice products; thanks Avery.

I bought these note cards for my mother so she could make baby shower invites for me. They ended up technically beyond her level (not because it's at all hard, there are templates and everything, but because her technical level pretty much extends to freecell and e-mail) so I made the invites. They turned out great - I used a template in Publisher (because I'm familiar with publisher) but I believe you can get them in word and probably google documents too. Printed really well and went out in the mail.

I bought this product because it was the only note-card stationary I would get overnight with prime.



I was dismayed to find the paper was much thinner than expected and that it came in perforated sheets. The perforations and thickness of the paper make a less than impressive stationary.



Pros: Good for do-it-yourself cards. Ideal for printing out multiple cards at once. Includes envelops

Cons: A bit 'cheap' for important Thanks Yous, Invitations. The heavyweight in the description is false advertising. It's medium-weight at best.

I design and print note cards and I order these Avery Note Cards from Amazon. Currently, they have been selling them for a good price compared to office supply stores in my town. I have used these cards for several years and am very pleased with them.

These notecards have nice texture and color that print attractive cards. The drawback is the lack of templates and page setups for my verson of Microsoft Publisher (2003). I create original designs with Publisher. To print on these notecards, I have to go through a tedious process to transfer the images to Word, which does work with this Avery product. Microsoft Publisher is a popular software for making greeting cards and note paper, and Avery is a popular brand of blank papers. They should work together. Maybe this has been corrected with a later version of Publisher. Also sometimes the envelopes do not seal well. But I like the cards enough to put up with their shortcomings.

I design my own cards of all sorts. These note cards are great for

invitations, thank you notes, etc. They are very easy to work with

and I have been doing this for about 10 years and love every minute of

it. Avery puts out a very good product. - Greeting Card Paper - Greeting Cards - Postcards - Blank Cards'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information