Thursday 27 October 2011

Micro Stereo - coby, microsystem


Sorry, but this is not a good investment. Even at 40 bucks. Poorly designed and speakers are junk. Offer better speakers and adjust price downward, because fidelity is not good. Unit is just too big for what is does. In my view it has questionable electronics. Has a hum when nothing is coming out of it. May be a suspect power transformer...who knows?. It has an input for MP3, but no line out for perhaps better speakers. No headphone jack. Not very versatile. As far as I'm concerned, this is not a true microsystem. Has Limited capability. Pay the extra and get a SONY. Coby CX-CD377 Micro CD Stereo System with AM/FM Tuner with Digital Display and Line-in Input (Black)

I bought this unit as a gift for my Mom because she moved into a tiny apartment. It worked and sounded great for such a small stereo.

It lasted for two years. The cd player will play a song then not have any sound or stop playing altogether. Radio works fine. You would think it would have lasted much longer.

Never had a cd player do that in such a short time. I won't buy the same brand again.

My wife got me this stereo as a birthday gift. It's a the perfect stereo for my shop. How I can listen to music while working at my scroll saw. The sound quality is very good for a stereo of this type, the CDs are easy to load and the radio pulls in even weak stations. I like that I can also use my MP3 player with the unit. I'm sure I'll get many year of enjoyment out of it.

This coby stereo has a really modern, slim look to it. I like how it doesn't take up too much space (although the speakers are a little bulkier than the main box). The sound quality is alright... what do you expect from a system that only costs about $40?? There are two things that I dislike about it. One is that the connection between the speakers and the main box is bare wire. This was annoying because I had to fiddle around with the wire until the sound came through, instead of just plugging it in like normal speakers. While setting it up, the wire actually broke on one connection, so I had to strip it down to get more surface so I could connect the speaker. It works fine now. I also don't like how there is no display showing the current volume level. On the other hand, the remote has a decent range of reception, and the aux port is good for attaching my mp3 player.

Okay... well I went to plug the wires in and the right side has a very loud buzzing noise in the speaker. Plugged in old speakers and it did the same so it wasn't the speaker, just a crap stereo in my oppinion. Mind as well just buy a portable cd-player. And I have to atleast rate this product with one star or I can't post the review but that star shouldn't even be there, it doesnt work!

My new Coby CX-CD377 arrived today, and took only 30 minutes to setup. It's very "smart looking". Most important, I enjoy fife and drum music; and, from the high-pitched fifes to the lowest bass drums, the sound quality is EXCELLENT. I had none of the problems mentioned by other critics. Instead, at under $40, I consider the Coby CX-377 to be a real bargain.

After received what looked like a fairly sleek CD player we got one that was very poorly and cheaply made, with a broken CD player and a remote that could only turn the volume up. It felt like the plastic they make really cheap vending machine toys out of. Avoid this item at all costs... Its not worth the time or effort. It doesn't even have a display screen to show you what track you are on or anything! - Shelf Stereo Systems - Microsystem - Coby - Micro Stereo'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information