Thursday 27 October 2011

Computer Accessories - belkin, mouse pads


I'm not really a connoisseur of mouse pads. I think this is the first one I've ever paid for. But, it seems to be the best mouse pad I've had. Works great with our optical mouse, and it's not too thick or too thin.



I'm not sure that a mouse pad deserve much more of a review than that. Belkin F8E089-BLK 8-by-9-Inch Mouse Pad (Black)

This is very basic mouse pad. It's perfectly function and has a good mousing surface. However, it positively reeks of rubber. It smells strongly enough that you notice it when sitting next to it at your work station, and it permeates your hand while using it. Expect your mousing hand to smell like cheap tires or, in my opinion, somewhat like old cigarette smoke after using it for any length of time. It is difficult to wash the odor away.

size is 7.5" x 9" and just about 1/4" thick, heavy enough to stay put (not too big and not too small). Previous cheap pad I had was about 3 yrs old, fairly dirty looking. This new pad is noticeably smoother, decent non slip rubber bottom. Not much else to say about a basic pad, except for the low price. If this is all you want to pay, it should make most people happy, I am. Plus, I like the black, hides the dirt better, now I can keep this one longer, until the dirt is so thick where the surface becomes wavy, before replacing.

The Belkin F8E089-BLK 8-by-9-Inch Mouse Pad (Black) is the first mouse pad I have purchased in a decade or so, and it is the only one I have ever had that actually worked well with optical mice. Occasionally, it will not track correctly, and I have to give the mouse an extra nudge, but so far this has been a rare occurrence. The only problem I have had was that the mouse pad reeked of chemicals (the rubber bottom?) when I removed it from the box, but that has almost entirely dissipated. If I put my nose next to it I can still detect the smell, though. Someone with a sensitive nose might be bothered.

I just bought this mouse pad a few days ago...



The GOOD:

The pad is well made. The thickness is just right (3/16"), and the slightly rough cloth surface texture is good. It seems durable, without any fraying at the edges like a lot of other mouse pads.



The BAD:

The rubber at the bottom smells terrible, and it's relatively strong. (Go smell your car tires right after a long drive when they're hot). After a few hours of using the mouse pad, the odor made me slightly nauseous, and it stayed on my fingers for a while. I'm hoping the smell dissipates after a few days, otherwise I'll be going back to my old mouse pad.



So, it's tough to give an overall rating. If you don't mind the smell, it's a great mouse pad, and deserves 4-5 stars. If the smell does bother you, you may stop using it altogether. - Mousepads - Mouse Pads - Belkin - Mousepad'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information