Wednesday 29 June 2011

Adventure - kids, adventure


I just saw this film with my husband and 10 ½ year old daughter...excuse me, she says 10 ¾. The Water Horse was thoroughly enjoyed by all. It is a treat for the entire family, sparking the imagination of young and old alike.



A near-tear jerker, set in WWII, on the banks of (we find out later) Loch Ness, this is a whimsical story of healing, full of adventure, laughter, friendship, and love. The beginning is filled with an appropriate amount of tension, drawing the audience immediately into the tale. As the story unfolds, we learn a little about Scottish folklore, a little about WWII behind the Allied front (way, way behind), and a lot about a young boy, who conquers his worst fears, helped by the love of his unique best friend. In the end, they save each other.



The cinematography is simply breathtaking. The location, the lighting, and the camera angles all work together to immerse the viewer in a rural Scottish village of the time. The starkness of the loch and the beauty of the rugged land create a perfect setting for this film.



I have no idea how the creature was created. I assume CGI. But let me tell you, it really did look like the animal was swimming in a bathtub full of water - splashes, slop, and all. I completely believed it. Near the end of the film, I found myself yelling at the characters to save Crusoe...to the high amusement of my family.



I highly recommend this film for children of all ages. You will not be disappointed. The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep

This movie is very refreshing with its focus on the friendship between a young boy and his newly discovered pet, none other than a waterhorse of Celtic lore. The tenderness between the two is touching and people of all ages will enjoy it. The movie is very well done. And appropriate for all ages.

THIS MOVIE IS GOOD, IT'S FANTASY AND INTERESTING. THIS MOVIE INTERESTS FOR CHILDREN. THIS MOVIE WAS GOOD SCRIPT AND NICE STORY. THIS MOVIE WAS KEEPING EYES OPEN FOR CHILDREN. EVERYONE ENJOYS THIS MOVIE.

A wonderful movie for children, it gives them responsibilty in caring for something that could not care for itself..to see it grow up & the animal still cared for the person who helped it! My Grandchilren loves animals & that helped them to see how important it is to follow through on caring for anilmals....I give it a 5 Star! Thanks

This is a delightful movie. The characters are genuine and the story is entertaining for children and adults alike. Taking a legend and building a movie around it may not be a new idea, but this movie was done in such a way that it is believable throughout, even though it is all fiction. The movie was both entertaining and intriguing. The only thing I suspected all along was the identity of the old man telling the story. The rest was just a darn good movie. - Adventure - I Own It - Kids - Family'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information