Thursday 30 June 2011

Digital Camera - lens, rings


Please watch my individual video reviews of each lens on their respective pages (linked at bottom).



I own a Canon Vixia HF200. The wide angle lens is a great buy for an ultra cheap WA lens. The telephoto lens is absolute garbage.



In short, buy the wide angle lens separately. The telephoto is not even worth the [..] extra dollars you would spend buying this package.



http://www.amazon.com/Zeikos-ZE-WA37S-37mm-0-45X-Angle/dp/B001UE6NGA/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t



http://www.amazon.com/Zeikos-ZE-2X37S-37mm-Telephoto-Lens/dp/B001G2AKT2/ref=pd_sim_p_3 Zeikos ZE-37K 2.5X Telephoto and 0.45X Super Wide Angle high definition lens set, includes lens pouch, cap covers and adapter rings fits 25/27/28/30/30.5/34/37mm (Life Time Warranty)

Just letting everyone know that these don't work with ContourHD helmet camera. I saw these recommend while shopping on Amazon for ContourHD camera accessories. Thought they would be worth a try for the price. The lenses fit fine (with the adaptors), but with the wide angle lens built into the ContourHD camera they create a strange tunnel effect in the captured video. The lens quality seems fine for some other application, just not what I intended them for.

I know i didn't spend alot for the items, which is why it received a 3 star. The construction seems solid except when i opened the packaging the wide angle lens rattle a bit. although no physical damage to the lens itself on the lens part.

The front threading for a filter adapter was pushed in slightly on both telephoto and wide angle lenses, so that was no good, luckily i don't have a habit of using filters.



Telephoto lens works fine with no problems - that was a good deal.

Wide angle lens is not that bad except i have to zoom in, in order to eliminate the ring around the lens.

gotta say its not as "wide" as the specifications stated. but like i said for the price its not bad compared to alot of the other lens adapters on the market for the price.



3 star!

Lenses are definitely not for any Canon HD Vixia cam. In a nutshell - the package says its designed for DSLR cameras of which I'm even wondering that - but that's noted nowhere in the description.



Bottom line - great Macro lens (its part of the wide angle lens), marginal wide angle lens (with light shadowing in the corners as long as you don't move the camera and the stabilization stuff doesn't have to kick in - then it gets worse), and a horrible "tunnel vision" telephoto lens that takes up 20% of the corners of the picture with a clear view of the lens.



For $15 - go look for something else... unless you just need a Macro lens.

I received these lenses just yesterday, after about a 3 day wait. It actually took 5 days for it to come after the order date, but that was because of bad weather, free Sunday's for the delivery man, and a national holiday. These things were a steal; I got it for around $14, and the quality is excellent. I have been filming my own videos for about a year now, so I know what I'm doing, and these lenses fit the bill perfectly for my JVC Everio GZ-Hm320 HD camcorder. Not a bit of a shadow on the corners of the shot; the lenses screw on perfectly to the 37mm threads. These two lenses comes with three conversion rings each, 25-37mm, 27-37mm, and 28-37mm. The only thing I don't appreciate is the difficulty of screwing it on. It only takes me a couple of tries to screw the lens on though. This may just be my own stupidity, I don't know, but this problem is easily fixable with some patience. The second thing I'm not impressed with is the 0.45x lens, and that is when I zoom in after 12x. My camcorder easily goes up to 20x optical beautifully, but the wide-angle isn't meant to be used for long distances. just switch over to the other lens, the 2x lens. This lens works perfectly, and I could not be happier. What comes in the packaging:



-Wide-Angle Macro 0.45x Lens

-2x Zoom Lens

-6 conversion rings, 2x of each kind

-2 Tough leather Draw-sting pouches to snugly fit each lens



Hopefully this review helped you all out!

I got these as a x-mas present from my freind.They are great lens fo the price. (i like to film longboarding) so the telephoto is great for when you are follow filming and you fall behind or you want to get ashot of a view without zooming (whicch will give you a extremly shakey shot). The wide angle is also good for filming when all camera have tunnel vision, the wide angle is good because you can zoom to get rid of vig and have a wider angle shot without the fisheye effect. also whenever you follow shoot someone the wide angle lens it is way smoother. you cant go wrong with 2 lens for 15 dollars, great beginner lenses and it also comes with 6 adapter rings which is nice.

WOW, when I lost these two lens that had come with my Canon Vixia HD video camera, it was not easy to find replacement lens on-line. I'm so excited that they were available and such a reasonable price! - Telephoto - Sets - Lens - Rings'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information