Thursday 30 June 2011

Excercise Equipment


There's a lot of good reasons to choose resistance bands to exercise...



-good for home workouts

-great for traveling (some gyms in hotels are just pitiful); these are very portable

-great to use with exercise videos (a lot of ex. DVD's have you use bands)



What will they do for you?



-tone your muscles

-help you burn a few calories

-make your muscles stronger

-make your bones more dense



Why choose these particular ones?



-they're pretty sturdy

-come with a door attachment

-exercise charts included

-most find the handles comfortable

-offer different bands with varying levels of difficulty

-reasonably priced



Disadvantages?



-if you look like the incredible Hulk, you're probably not going to get enough of a workout

-some might find them hard to work with

-some might not like the "feel" of them as they do an exercise



All-in-all they're a great exercise tool to use to help you get in shape, prevent injuries, or even rehabilitate one (you see these in physical therapy clinics a lot). And don't forget, once you get comfortable using a given color, move up to the next harder band if you want to keep getting stronger. Also recommend Treat Your Own Tennis Elbow if tennis elbow is interfering with your workouts. SPRI ES501R Xertube Resistance Band with Door Attachment

This product is amazing. I recently did 5 weeks of bootcamp and we used these resistance tubes every time for biceps, chest, back and shoulders. Its amazing how effective these are and all the time you are just using your body weight. You can make it as easy or as difficult as you want. I had to get them. The green one was a little too light for me and the blue one is a little too tight for a beginner woman. Best part is you can take this lightweight exercise gear anywhere you want and have a good muscle toning workout. Think you can google up the different exercises you can do with these. Plus for the price, it is so cheap, you dont even need to think twice.

SPRI ES501R Xertube Resistance Band with Door Attachment and Exercise Charts (Red, Medium)SPRI ES502R Xertube Resistance Band with Door Attachment and Exercise Charts (Blue, Heavy)SPRI ES503R Xertube Resistance Band with Door Attachment and Exercise Charts (Purple, Very Heavy)



Although I haven't found much wrong with the band itself (beside the fact that the resistance is lighter than I had expected), the term "door attachment" is somewhat misleading. What you're given is a strap; on one side, there is a loop to pull the band through, and one the other, is what I can only really describe as a small nub.



It makes sense that for such a low price, one shouldn't expect something that actually firmly attaches to the door, so I do not fault them for what it is, but, a word of caution: absolutely make sure that the door closes completely, and cannot be pulled open without twisting the handle.



I used my band probably ten times, and when I decided that I needed to move further back to create more resistance while doing pull-up simulation exercises (lateral pull-downs), I was shocked to watch the door open and see the band and door attachment flying toward me.



Yes, the door attachment hit me right below my neck AND square in the kisser; the band hit me in the chest. After crying like a little girl and icing my swollen lips and the definite outline of the band on my chest, I realized it wasn't that bad (I was mostly shocked), but it really could have been, had it hit me in the eye, etc.



I'm sure I sound like an idiot, but heed my warning. I thought my door was securely closed, but boy did I learn the hard way.

I've worked out at home for years, but only recently have I begun incorporating exercise bands into my strength training. I've had a few flat-type bands that have wound up getting worn and snapped over time, so I wanted to invest in a higher-quality band. Happily, this SPRI tubing perfectly fit the bill WITHOUT breaking the band! This is a very sturdy, very versatile little piece of exercise equipment. You can use it to replace weights in your usual workouts, which allows you to work your muscles in some new and unique ways (refer to the included exercise chart for ideas). When at home, you can actually use the tubing WITH your weights to add greater resistance throughout the entire muscle movement, OR you can pack your tubing with you when traveling--so light and convenient! Finally, the included door attachment is easy to use and allows you to perform an even greater variety of exercises. I wasn't sure which strength tubing to purchase, but I am an intermediate to advanced exerciser, and the medium (red) is perfect for me, as it is easy to adjust for either more or less resistance when needed. Highly recommended!

I bought these bands so that I could strength train for swimming. I am blown away at how exhausting and challenging the resistance is. I experienced tremendous burn and muscle fatigue. I highly recommend the tube for supplemental training if you are not able to get in the water to swim. My strength in the water has increased noticably. I am a true believer in this product.

I've not used other tubes, but I'm happy with this one. Seems well made, I like the handles. I've seen others in stores that cost more and don't look as good. I'm no athlete, but I wouldn't order a tube with less resistance.

I recently received my SPRI Xertube Resistance Band and so far it is everything it claims to be. The product is very well made and is just like the ones I use at the gym. There's a lot of choice out there when it comes to resistance bands, but I believe that you cannot go far wrong with SPRI. Time will tell how long they last, but considering they're relatively inexpensive, I'm not too worried.



The packaging describes the red bands to be of medium resistance and for people who are moderately fit to fit. My guess is that they're pretty good for most people. If you need more resistance, try the blue (heavy) or the purple (very heavy) bands. If you need less resistance, try the green (light) or the yellow (very light).



Note that the handles are plastic. As an alternative, you might want to consider this product that has foam, rather than plastic, handles, but does not appear to include the door attachment: "SPRI XT-MU Xertube with Padded Foam Handles - Medium Resistance".'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information