Thursday 30 June 2011

High Definition - panasonic, 3d tv


This is a great 3D movie, and a must have as some of the other folks have said. This is by far the best 3D movie I have in my collection. If you are reading this review, then you are probably considering buying the 3D version. This is only my opinion, but if you are like myself and as you were sitting in the theater watching this and you thought to yourself "I would love to watch this in 3D at home!" then this is worth every bit of $200 and up. You won't regret it, but you have to be careful when choosing the dealer.

Everything was fine, I ordered it, it took 2-3 days to get to my house. No problems.....until I received it in the mail. I put it in the PS3 and it wasn't 3D!!!!!It was the Blu-Ray that had been put in an Avatar 3D box and then put back into the plastic sleeve. I had just spent about $230.00 all together on this and felt like passing out. I try really hard not to make stupid decisions, but this one wasn't looking very good. I wrote the dealer and explained what had happened and that I was extremely angry and that this was going to have to be taken care of. I was afraid that they would not have the 3D version to send me, and that they would blame me and say that I switched the discs. It was a bit traumatic. They wrote me back a few hours later and said they would take care of it. A few days later I received the 3D version of the film.

So the reason I am writing this review is to let the honest people know what some of the dishonest people are doing. The Dealer explained that they have run into several instances where people buy the Avatar 3D starter kit and carefully remove the 3D version replacing it with the Blu-Ray version. They then either return it claiming it has not been opened, or they sell it, as to not get stuck paying the $150.00-$400. I guess it is quite common. So I just wanted to give you a heads-up. I got lucky with the dealer, because they were honest. I fear that some people won't be so lucky. A few things you can do is try to buy from the dealer who has more ratings, this in no way guarantees you won't be ripped off, but usually the dealers with more ratings have more experience and may be easier to deal with. For this product I would not deal with a start-up dealer, too risky. You can also write the dealer and have them check to make sure the 3D disc is in the case before they ship. Good luck. Panasonic TY-EW3D2MMK2 Ultimate 3D Starter Kit (Avatar 3D + 2 Rechargeable Glasses)

If you bought a Panasonic 3d TV, then you are going to have to invest in a pair of their glasses (1st or 2nd generation, these are 2nd) to view 3d material. The glasses themselves are not that bad. I wouldn't be wearing them for longer than a standard movie viewing, only because I personally feel that I don't want to stress my eyes any longer than that. The 3d effect was great, I had a bit of flickering in the glasses because I had a florescent light on during the evening, but it went away when I turned the light off. Price is too expensive for what you get, however, and it really should be packaged into the TV.



I wear prescription glasses, and they fit over my glasses comfortably (this kit comes with medium size glasses). My prescription glasses are narrow, but I had plenty of room, so I would think that even if you had larger frames that they should fit. The main concern I would think would be your head size in deciding to go with small, medium, or large. I would guess that medium is the standard size for adults, with small being for kids or adults with a smaller head, and large for those with a bigger cranium. I don't think they sell this kit with anything other than medium glasses, so if you need one of the other sizes you'll have to buy them individually.

I've been researching 3D TV and glasses for about 2 months. I finally decided on these along with a Panasonic 50" 3D TV. I read reviews about glasses being uncomfortable, people say light gets in some, other complain about dead spots, ect ect. It seems there's a complaint with almost any glasses. Some more then others. These seemed to have the best reviews and not many complaints. So I went with them.



I have zero complaints. They are comfortable and don't bother me even after 4 hours of wearing them gaming or watching movies. I don't really get some of the complaints to be honest. I guess there's always "that guy" out there who will complain about anything. These glasses are good quality, work well, and are comfortable for me (male, medium build, my wife is small and she has no complaints either).



I really like to on/off switch and the red LED light to indicate when they are charging. All-in-all these are worth the price.

Don't get me wrong I like the glasses they are pretty comfortable but for roughly $150 they should be as comfortable as Oakley's. They are the best glasses currently available from any manufacturer (I have tried them all) but still need improvement. - 3d Tv - Panasonic - 3d - Avatar'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information