Thursday 30 June 2011

Magnetic Dry Erase


I bought a white board that came with one of these markers and I thought it was ingenious but when I purchased this pack from Amazon, the markers were very poor quality. Though I have no complaints about the handy eraser or magnet function, writing with the markers was a useless venture. The brand-new markers wrote like very well-worn dry-erase markers even when pressing down firmly. Quartet ReWritables Dry-Erase Mini Markers with Cap-Mounted Erasers, 6-Marker Pack, Assorted Standard Colors (51-659312Q)

Since we use dry erase markers frequently at our learning center, I bought a pack of these to try something different. My very young students were intrigued by the magnetic feature of these markers and by the eraser. Some became so intrigued that the markers became distractions as they played with the magnet and pulled out the eraser.



The markers themselves didn't last long and don't have that bold, dark look I like in markers, not even when first opened. My short lived experiment wasn't exactly a disaster, but was far from a success either. The built in eraser is a great concept and works well as long as it stays where it belongs.

I bought these markers as an incentive for my kids to practice writing their letters on dry erase workbooks. They found it quite entertaining to pop the erasers out. They aren't glued in, and even forceful erasing will pop them out. Once they've been popped out, they're more likely to continue falling out.

I liked the selection of colors and the fact that they are magnetic. But after a while the ink or liquid of the marker runs out and it doesn't work like it used to anymore. The only marker that is still working is the green one.

Pros:

-useful if you want to write something colorful

-eraser is given

-reasonable price for marker



Cons:

-it has small tip, so if you have a big whiteboard, this stuff is not recommended to you.

-yellow marker is useless for whiteboard since the color is less visible'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information