Thursday 30 June 2011

Ge Water Filter - filters, ge water filter


All three replacement filters from FiltersFast exhibit issues. Poor water flow and squeal from inside the fridge. Replaced new filter with old one and all is fine. New filters are different on the insert - old ones had one large hole with multiple tiny holes around it. New ones have one large hole and two slotted holes on each side. All three new ones are lousy. Takes 45-60 seconds to fill a standard 8oz glass. Not acceptable. Called GE directly who said no change has been made to product line. Bought two more in town, one from Sears, another from HH Gregg. Both have the same design as the new ones from FiltersFast and are also lousy.



I have resorted to using the filter plug in order to have decent water flow. The filter design has obviously changed and either GE is not admitting to it or their representatives are ignorant to the change.



I hate my fridge now and currently using a Brita pitcher filter on the counter top. Neither Filtersfast, Sears or HH Gregg will accept a return. I'm now a proud owner of six new filters, over $200 in cost, that won't work worth a flip. Oh, and those of you who want to repeat what GE told me over the phone - yes, both the old filter with the tiny holes and the bypass plug work fine. There is NO clog in the water line. It's the lousy new filters that GE is pushing to all the vendors. GE MSWF Refrigerator Water Filter, 1 Pack

Water tastes salty post installation. Water did not taste like that with previous factory installed filter. My tap water does not taste salty unfiltered. Probably would not buy again. Would purchase filter next time from an authorized GE dealer.



**UPDATE - Seller contacted me after this review and offered to send me a replacement filter, free of charge and free shipping. It arrived VERY quickly (within 3 days of the email). New filter works great, so the 1st filter problem must have just been a fluke. I would order from this seller again. Good product and great customer service.

I live in the Tucson, AZ area and our water is very hard. I test my water regularly out of the tap and it shows 240. I test the water out of my R/O system and it tests at 22. The water coming out of my ref with the GE filter which comes from the R/0 system is 20. I have the cleanest water in our neighborhood. The only issue I had was the GE filter took a couple of months to get back to "normal" testing range. When I fist installed it, the water tested at 40. Now that it's back to "normal" I'm pleased. Also the install was easy - reading the simple directions took longer that the install. You just twist off the old one and twist on the new one and then run about 5 gallons through the system.

GE, why are you doing this to us?!

Yes, your filter is great and the water coming out of it tastes great.

Yes, the fridge that is attached to this filter is awesome too.

But why is this filter still so expensive if we need to exchange it every few months?

This is one of the better water filters I've used. I think one goes much further than the stated 300 gallon service capacity. At least I've used them for over that amount without issue.When you change filters, the flow acts funny for about the first half gallon - that's normal. Some filters produce cloudy-looking water for the first gallon, but this one doesn't. I've had no issues with these filters.This is by far the simplest, most secure and easiest filter to install that I've experienced. Also, I didn't find a better deal anywhere else including the manufacturer's site.

What is there to be said about a water filter? The water filter lasts about 1-2 yrs before needing replacement.



I found this retailer to be cheaper by far than buying the item locally. Additionally, since the price was over $25.00, I got free shipping. Saved my having to drive about 8 miles each way to Lowe's, which is the only place I can find this thing, plus my aggravation of sitting in this bumper to bumper traffic - buying this online was a no-brainer!!



In seconds I ordered the item (I'm pre-registered from prior purchases, so the order form was populated automatically). Literally, the entire transaction was under 2 minutes. I received the filter in 2 days, which I thought was incredible, since I ordered it at approximately 8:30+ in the evening!



That's it - easy ordering, incredibly fast shipping, filter works - what more can I ask for! - Fridge Filter - Ge Water Filter - Water Filter - Filters'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information