Thursday 30 June 2011

Otterbox Defender - armband, otterbox defender


I have an Iphone 4 and I like to keep it protected. So my phone is either in my Otterbox Defender case or my Trident Kraken case. Both cases are awesome, but that's for another review. If at all possible I don't take my phone out of these cases. So looking for an armband that could accommodate my case was difficult to say the least.

I finally found the Tune Belt armband. When I received it I was pleasantly surprised by the quality. I put my phone into the armband with my Otterbox and it was a really tight fit. But I guess you want that so as not to have your phone fly out when running. A few of the things I didn't like was that the brightness sensor on the front of the phone was obstructed by the armband so the screen was very difficult to see in the sun. (Fix was to set brightness up manually before putting the phone into the armband.) Second, the Otterbox defender case has raised front edges around the screen which makes it a little difficult to use the touch screen. (Fix was to get an Otterbox Commuter case. A little less protection but a lot easier in using the touch screen when in the armband.) And lastly was the short strap on the armband. (luckily they sell and extender. I can kind of understand this, as my wife has difficulty in finding armbands that fit her because her arms are on the skinny side.)Overall I am pleased with this armband. It seems to be the best solution for me right now and I would not hesitate in recommending this armband to my family. Tune Belt Sport Armband for Otterbox iPhone 4 Defender Series Case & iPhone 3G / 3GS Defender Series Case (also fits many other Otterbox cases)

I love this armband. I have an iPhone4 with an otterbox commuter case and was looking for an arm band that would hold my phone without having to stick it in another case. I just wanted to shove this thing in there and go and it works perfectly. The description says it is made to specifically fit the Defender Series, but commuter fits just as well. I feel like the Defender would be REALLY snug, but this works great. Doesn't shift around when I run and the screen cover works well enough for me to pause/continue my Nike GPS workout.



Great stuff

I did a lot of searches to find an armband to use with my Otterbox Defender and iphone 3GS. Otterbox used to carry their own armband to fit over the defender, but it has been discontinued (I emailed the company, and they confirmed).

This is the only other one I found that would fit over the Ottberbox Defender. It is a very tight fit - the little circle hole in the armband case for the button doesn't line up right. It's like the case is just a little too short for the phone, but it works. The phone is snug and does not fall out. The arm band does not slide down my arm nor does it cut off my circulation. I am able to maneuver through the screens with the armband while wearing it. It's a bit awkward, but I am able to skip a song or switch apps.

There is room for improvement, but overall it works - it allows the ultimate protection while remaining comfortable to wear. I will probably buy another one of these as a back up as these types of things seem to get discontinued by the time I need to replace them.

Four runs in and so far so good. It is a snug fit for my iPhone 4 in the Otter Box Defender but it does work. Like the other reviewer mentioned the Otter Box causes the display window to be suspended over the actual screen making navigating the phone a little challenging, but it works fine for me as I just start and stop my runkeeper app and that's about it.

The armband def fits the iPhone 4 with the Otterbox, which was what I wanted when I bought this product. The only major downfall is that you cannot use the touchscreen to change, stop, or start music while working out. I've just had to learn to deal with whatever comes on. However, I do know my iPhone is protected by the Otterbox while working out, which was my main concern.

It took me a while to find this arm band. but I love it. it holds my phone (3GS with otterbox) like a glove. By the time im finished running the phone might have sliped down a quarter of a inch. Not bad at all if you ask me, and I run with my music playing no ear phones. Sounds great through it.

The shipment came way before estimated time. Also they sent me an upgraded version of the one I ordered at no extra charge. The Defender case and Iphone 4 fit snuggly in the band and the band works well for my arm and holds up well while I run. Controls are still fairly easy to access. The only issue I have run into is that the plastic piece that loops the Velcro band will turn from time to time causing some discomfort but if I pay close attention when putting it on this rarely if ever happens.

It's great. I can fit my I-phone 4 while in the Otterbox into so I don't have to keep switching cases when I go for a run. The only problem with it so far has been the length of the armband. I wish it were a little longer. I have small arms so it fits but a little length would be better. I understand you can buy and extender strap and I would highly recommend going ahead and getting it. - Exercise - Otterbox Defender - Band - Armband'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information