Wednesday 29 June 2011

Watch Battery - suunto watch, watch battery


This kit has everything you need to change your Suunto Mosquito watch battery EXCEPT a little Finnish coin! I wish I were joking, but you need a particular coin-like tool to open the hatch (which should be sealed well for any dive watch). In my case, I finally happened upon a (possibly) Japanese coin that did the trick. I own a Suunto hatch-opener tool, but it doesn't work for this hatch. Don't force things -- it can get ugly! My advice is that you make sure you use a Duracell/Varta battery regardless of what came with the kit, and that you be gentle with the watch -- make sure the face is always cushioned and don't apply excessive down- or side- pressure on the hatch lid. You can do it! Watch the suunto vid and note how simple it can be, once you have the tools you need. Don't forget to pressure-check the watch before your next dive. Suunto Wrist-Top Computer Watch Suunto Wrist-Top Computer Watch Replacement Battery Kit (Moquito and D3)

Very easy to install and works great! The only issue I had was to take the old battery out - yes it should be very easy with a coin, but even after I turned the cover 45 degrees, it did not pop-up (it was kinda frozen in) and I spent really a lot of time trying to get it out (once I got the old cover, ring and battery out, it was matter of few seconds to put new battery and cover in).



I just don't get that Suunto does not make this watch anymore. I love it !

Tough to rate this anything but 5 stars. There's a battery, new cover and O-ring, and this star shaped thing that's supposed to go under the battery. Not cheap but no other options for getting a new cover and O-ring and replacing these at the same time as the battery is the best way to avoid flooding your $400+ dive computer. - Watch Battery - Suunto Watch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information