Thursday 30 June 2011

Waterproof Mp3 - aquatic mp3 player, waterproof mp3


I bought this after breaking 4 H2o audio waterproof ipod cases. On the first three one the ear bugs stopped working (the cords are very short if you have a large head). The last one leaked and fried my ipod, so I gave up. Don't know if I was particularly hard on them, or they're just not that well built, but only one lasted more than a month.



Bought this hoping it would work and it's worked perfectly so far, about 15 hours swimming laps in total (if it stops working I'll update this). The other great thing about this ipod, vs. the plastic cases, is that it's so small. Fits easily under my cap and easy to control. The H2o audio cases are huge. And you can just use the ipod clip to hook onto your google strap, no fuss no muss (you don't need the velcro strap it comes with). With the latest version of the H2o audio cases you have to undo the strap and fit the case over it, then rethread it, or fight to to get the strap to fit through the very thin slits on the sides.



All in all, a great product, so far, and well worth the money (about the same cost as an H20 case and new ipod). Highly recommend it. You can also freak out your friends if you're using it outside the pool, dunking it in a glass of water. Waterfi Waterproof iPod Shuffle 4th Generation 2GB - Underwater MP3 Player for Swimming & Water Sports! - Waterproof Headphones Sold Separately

I received the Shuffle as a Christmas gift and used it on all my workouts. I'm training for triathlons, so the ability to listen to music during all activities has been an asset. Paired with my H2O Audio IE2-BK Surge 2G Waterproof Earbuds,the Shuffle worked perfectly. However, after a couple months of use, the Shuffle had issue with syncing. I contacted H2OFriendly's customer service, and had a replacement sent within the week! I returned the malfunctioning one via USPS and was all set. Great product and great customer service! Can't ask for anything more.

Awesome, awesome, awesome. I too, like many other reviewers, started out with a huge, bulky case for my 80GB iPod w/video. It was so-so, but kind of annoying, especially having to remember to clean and dry the case and armband after every swim, and be extra vigilant when sealing the thing (making sure there wasn't any debris on the o-righ seal, etc) This thing on the other hand, is amazing. It's absolutely tiny, and with a good pair of UW headphones (just get simple earbuds and tuck them under a cap...no UW headphones will work 100% of the time without a cap, due to drag and the necessity of having a solid, watertight seal maintanied at all times for functionality. So just accept that you have to wear a cap to use any UW headphones for lap swimming, and get the lowest-profile earbuds you can find. I got the ones from Aquapac) your entire UW music system can be attached to your head without noticing it at all. There is zero weight with this system, and the drag is negligible. The construction is very solid and the clip attached to the back is perfect for clipping to goggles or the cap itself. (I recommend goggles for comfort. The ONLY downside I can see to this is that it's so small you might lose it if you are careless with it while not attached to earphones, but that's your problem not the iPod's. This is especially true if you take it into the ocean and ride waves with it. But all-in-all, this is the way to go.



And even though it's not that cheap, think of it as an investment in an all-weather mp3 player, not just an UW mp3 player, because it is a fully-functioning iPod shuffle that can be used anywhere, anytime. It's just also fully submersible as well. So you can do all manner of exercise with it (run, bike, row, ski, swim, surf) And not only is the waterproof feature awesome for swimming, but it makes it impervious to sweat for workouts, and accidental spills also. When you factor in how much an underwater case is going to cost for you current iPod, the weight saving and convenience of this tiny little unit compared to bulky cases, and the possibility that even with a bulky case you may flood your iPod anyway and ruin a $400 device in the process, there really are no drawbacks to just buying this instead. I wish I had just bought this thing outright in the first place. Buy one.

Ok, I know everybody loves this thing. I do too. Problem is, this is the third one I've had. First one, died after about 6 uses. They quickly sent me a second one - which died after 15 uses. I was about to just return because I am the type to get very dramatic when something doesn't work, especially when I'm rocking out to some high octane rock n roll and pounding out quick sets one minute ... and the next minute getting nothing and cursing to myself "Great, I can't swim anymore, this goddam thing hooked me like a drug! I don't think my limbs work without it and now it doesn't work. Who can I strangle and scream at like Axl Rose was just doing to me 1 minute ago?!!"



Long story, slightly longer. I calmed down eventually. Customer service was fantastic. They sent me my third replacement before I even mailed the second one back. I've had my third ipod for months and months and it has worked like a charm. H20 Friendly even got in touch with me to tell me that I was instrumental in helping them work out a few kinks. Now their waterproofing technique is absolutely bombproof. I am a believer. I was just reading another review complaining that the price has gone up? Well, I can't really remember what I paid for it, but yes, it is supply and demand. Every swimmer I see, including all the lifeguards, see this tiny thing on the back of my goggles and immediately wants one. What do you want? Its apple, its tiny and its waterproof and its bombproof. Its cheaper than hiring someone to drag your a$$ into a pool when you don't want to go -- and then play you some music underwater while you smile and crank out the sets. - Waterproof Mp3 - Aquatic Mp3 Player - Waterproof - Swimming'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information