Thursday 30 June 2011

Notebook Backpack - messenger bag, 17 inch laptop case


I loved everything about this bag, for about 2 weeks. Then the material started to fray from the edge binding, any area that I used to capacity. First, was the water bottle holder. I only used a small bottle. Then I noticed the fraying, so I stopped using that pouch. A few weeks later, the fraying began on the main back panel around the corners; and from there it just got worse, so I returned it to the store. Too bad, I loved the front pouch - perfect for MP3 player. This is a well designed, bag except for the quality of the construction. Microsoft Edge Messenger Bag for 17.3" Laptops (Orange Trim)

I ordered this bag because of a co-worker's positive remarks. This is one of the few options available for a 17" laptop. Travel out of the country made this bag extremely useful. Easy to carry, lots of compartments to store cables, external hard drives, and cd's. Places for business cards, personal cards and supplies, as well as travel documents. I would recommend this bag.

I purchased this bag for my 17" Dell notebook computer. I am very pleased with the quality and utility of this item. The laptop computer fits firmly and there is plenty of rooom for easy access to my accessories (which include an external hard drive, and iPod, and power cord).



I recommend this product without hesitation.

This laptop bag is all you need. Has plenty of compartments to put all your gadgets, including your cell phone/iPod to listen to music while you are on the go (A simple thing but it's very practical). The laptop compartment is adjustable to various sizes and has extra cushion to add protection against bumps. Also the shoulder strap is very comfortable, so you can bare it even tough you have some extra weight due to the many things you can fit into the bag.



Even tough I would definitely recommend this bag, there are some cons you need to know, for example there's not an specific compartment for the laptop charger cord/adapter making it a little lumpy on the front when you get it inside one of the interior pockets. The elastic that uses a Velcro closure to assure the laptop in it's position inside the pocket is longer than needing so the computer is kind of loose inside (On the top side) and not as tight as you would want (This particular characteristic came with the bag I purchased, not necessarily will happen to you). And the last thing I found as a con is that the back side of the bag (Which you don't see in any of the pictures) is not completely covered with the soft/nice looking material (Looks like synthetic leather) that has on the front facing and pockets. Hope this helps you make a better decision.

I am a university student and I carry my laptop all the time; both to work and school. I bought the same style almost three years ago, and I am still using my old one. The strap is very comfortable and the only reason that I needed a new one is, because I was afraid that they may stop making such a useful bag and its nice to leave my books for one class in one bag and move just my laptop to the other bag with my books for the next class. I can stock the pockets with all the extras that I need for school or work(like a power bar or two)(the front pockets are great for all the extras) . I love my bag!

I purchased this bag while looking for a leather handbag for traveling with my HP ProBook 4710s 17".



I could not find a leather briefcase style bag in my price range (<$100) that had all of the features I was looking for such as divided pockets for cords, mouse etc.; padded "top load" for the laptop; and file storage. I decided on this bag because it looked as though it would be the most versatile. I had never used a "messenger" style bag before. I didn't think I would use the extra pockets on the front but find that they are perfect for my PDA/phone and extra small cord storage. My laptop is too wide so I am not able to use the pockets on the ends of the bag (see CONS below).



The bag is also very lightweight so that help going from gate to gate.



PROS:

Build quality is good to excellent.

Versatility is excellent.

Styling is average to good.

Interior pockets are orange to make it easier to find things at the bottom of the pockets in low light.



CONS:

At 16" wide x 1-1/2" thick, my ProBook barely squeezes into the laptop sleeve. But the more I use the bag, the easier it is to slide it into the pocket. Because my laptop is so wide, it stretches the sleeve a bit and makes the end pockets on the outside unusable.



Overall, I love the versatility of the bag and I would buy this bag again.

I am an avid Amazonian and tend to be in the school of knowing what I want before I even start looking. As such I often get recruited to find/purchase things for an increasingly large group of people who do not care about learning what needs to learned in order to be happy with their purchases.



This Laptop messenger bag is great for 17inch laptop that simply need to be taken from point A to point B, with little concern about the ergonomics or any specific performance criteria. A simple straightforward. construction quality seems to be on par with other Microsoft branded items I have encountered over the years. And is holding up well through the last several months of use.



There are better items if you need specific volume requirements or physically performance attributes. - Laptop Bag - Messenger Bag - 17 Inch Laptop Case - 17 Laptop Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information