Wednesday 29 June 2011

All In One Printer - photo printer, pixma


Canon replaced the ip4700 with the ip4820. It is virtually the same printer but with different ink chips. You cannot buy generic inks (as of 1-18-11) for your ip4820 as you could the ip4700. I own about 200 canon printers and 200 canon cameras. I love Canon but I cannot afford your high cost ink set. And last, Canon please make it an option in your driver or firmware to be able to stop random, endless, printer head cleanings. It is annoying, slows done photo printing and wastes expensive ink. There is a reason why the older ip3000 is a highly sought after printer on the used market. Cheap inks, no chips, no random deep cleanings, great print quality.



I would not suggest buying this printer unless you want to pay really high ink costs. Canon PIXMA iP4820 Premium Inkjet Photo Printer (4496B002)

We have used Canon PIXMA printers for five years. They have all been affordable upfront costs and reasonable ink costs. They have all been very impressive with photo prints they have created.



We didn't want a scanner. Already have one that is fantastic (it is an HP). We don't need a memory card reader. We only need a printer. The PIXMA iP4820 fits that perfectly! This one replaces the four year old iP4300 that did a very good job. It has certainly improved the speed and image quality.

I needed a simple printer without the "bells and whistles" so I bought this for only $79.00 from Adorama Camera Inc as a replacement for my Canon iP4000 that went on the blink after 5 yrs of good service. So far I am quite pleased with its performance. It has a much better human interface than my old printer and printing is exceptional. However, it is slower than the iP4000 and not as quiet. If I can get another five years of good service from this machine it will be more than worth the small investment.

Printer is quiet, fast, and real easy to use. I have an aging Canon i9900 and the Pixma 4820 actually does a better job of printing 8x11 photos on Canon Pro Platinum paper using the included Canon printing software. Really pleased with the results. Also prints text-based black and white documents really fast.

I like everything except the price of the ink. I will only use Canon ink as I have had trouble in the past using "compatible" inks. The print quality is good...but, again...the ink is expensive. At least the tanks are separate so you don't have to throw out a whole cartridge if one color runs out.

I got this printer 3 days ago. Installed easily and worked as advertised. Very quiet. Not sure about ink consumption yet, photos are very, very clear. The paper placement is a little different than the IP4000 I previously had, but just something to get used to. The size is perfect for me. - Canon Photo Printer - Photo Printer - Pixma - Inkjet Printer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information