Thursday 30 June 2011

Digital Dvd - hd camcorder, camcorder


Pros -



Sharp picture

great low level lighting shots

lots of internal memory

great battery life

can snap pictures while in video record mode.



cons -



slow load time

confusing menus and scroll function

can not automatically go back to record/picture mode from the viewing menu, must exit out of the sub menus completely





all in all its a great hand held pocket size mini-hd camera. well worth the price and comes with lots of extras such as mini usb to HDMI cables, A/V cables, software etc.



**** this product is not MacBook Compatible! **** Toshiba Camileo X100 Full-HD Camcorder (Silver/Black)

I read the reviews of this camera and was on the fence but took the plunge. First the good. For general conditions this video camera takes good HD video for the price. You have to keep in mind that this is NOT a high end camera and you can't compare to more expensive camera. The HD quality is good for this price range. For generally, well lighted video shots, this camera is pretty good and I really can't complain on the quality. Parades, outdoor parties, vacations outside, can't complain.



Now the bad. Some features that I thought would be givens in any camera are not. First, once you change battery, you lose your settings. So if you don't remember to reset the time and date, you will loose the cronology of your pictures. That is a pain. Second, you can't shut off screen to save battery, so your battery will drain fast. Working the menu takes some getting used to.



Low light conditions are where this camera really fails. Night shots or shooting in areas that are not well will dissapoint. And, the light that comes with the camera, ONLY works for flash photography. I have read manual and searched and searched, but this light will only work with FLASH. If anyone has figured out a way to turn it on while doing a VIDEO, I would be interested to know how you did it. The manual says digital light, but that is not light coming on, just some enhanced digital effect which is not the same as have a light. My low digital camera even has a light on feature. Tried calling tech support and Toshiba's numbers are all messed up.



The only reason I am giving this 3 stars is because the quality of the video is good in well lit conditions for this price. Oh, and it does take pictures also while you are doing a video, but at the resolution that you are doing your video. What's the point? I can do a screen shot.

This a great camera with very good picture quality. I just don't understand the negative reviews, unless they are trying to be professional cameramen taping the local news with this $150 camera. Just buy it, trust me.

Good camera for the price with Full HD 1080P recording but poor on zoom with other resolution & super bad battery life. Battery only lasts 20 mins so definitely consider the cost of separate batteries or buy something a level up.

This is a great camera and the price is right. You can't go wrong. Read the manual! It is PDF and easy to read. There are NO adjustments - just a few settings. The touchscreen is well designed and works intuitively. Great ergonomic design! Use macro-mode to get it to focus up close for hummingbirds, it has motion detection and time lapse. 6 hours of lo-res high speed from a 32GB SDHC card. What a nice little machine!

all around this camera is a bit of a let down... some things you just aren't going to get in an entry level camera, and i understand that, but some things should be easy to do and aren't in there.



You can't turn the screen off... so time lapse is limited to an hour or two (unless you're plugged in)



there aren't many customizable settings, it's quite basic



You can't turn the auto focus off, so if you do a timelapse sometimes it just slowly unfocuses itself over the period of the video...



the strap isn't adjustable enough for my smaller hands, and the thumb buttons are a little hard to get to; i have to stabilize the camcorder with my left hand to reach with my right thumb, and the action of the thumb wheel feels restricted



every time you turn the camcorder off, your settings are erased... want to conserve your battery by turning it off between shooting stuff? you'll have to go back and tell it all of your preferences (except picture quality, it remembers that)



panning in and out is a little slow



even where they printed "camileo x100" you can tell, at least on my camera, that the print is crooked



still pictures are hard to get focused, and there are very few options to get it to take better pictures



I think Toshiba can do a lot better than this :(

Before buying this camera, we read reviews for it at several different places. A couple of reviews said they didn't know why people were complaining about a strange red streak at the corner of the view finder. I can't find the reviews that said there was a problem with this, so I bought the camera and the first thing I saw was a red streak - actually more like a red smear acros the middle of the view finder. I downloaded the videos and pictures that I took to my computer and low and behold - the red smear is on them.



I just got this camera and haven't had time to learn all the bells and whistles, however from what I have used on it so far, I love it. It's very easy to use and the sound is good. The picture is good and now I feel like a dummy because I missed one little piece of plastic that nearly made me send this camera back. I had checked all the places where they have the plastic (and yes they do have plastic on the end of the battery) but I missed the one that was directly on the small part of the lens - not the view finder. It had a red streak on it and therefore, that is why my pictures and video's had the red smear. Removed it and now the camera is fine.



This seems to be a great value so far. Can't wait to really use it and use all the features. I do have to say that it is strange that when we called the company to ask what could be causing the red smear, they said they had no idea and said I should send it back and they would send us another one. I would have thought that maybe they would have asked if we had found that tiny lens plastic.



Just an update to say that we have this camera for a while now and just took it on vacation. We also use it to keep up with our growing grandchildren and we still love it. We have been satisfied with the quality and sound of videos and are so happy that we found a camera that allows us to take pictures also. I still need to learn to edit videos but I really haven't worked with that yet. Still say it is a good deal - just wish it came with a better case. We were expecting more than that velvet bag. - Toshiba - Review - Hd Camcorder - Camcorder'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information