Thursday 30 June 2011

Dell Ac Adapter - charger, dell ac adapter


The adapter is really big and bulky and mine only worked for about 2 weeks and then stopped working. I tried another adapter from my work laptop and that worked so I know it's an issue with the adapter, not my laptop. Laptop AC Adapter for Dell Inspiron 9100 XPS, Precision M6300 M90 XPS M1710, PA-15, D2746, ADP-150EB

I purchased this because my Original one would no longer charge the Batteries on my Dell Inspiron 9100. This will be my 2nd review since I now have had this for quite some time.



Word of Warning: This Adapter gets VERY HOT under full load (Using the laptop while you charge the battery). After about 2-3 weeks, one of the capacitors inside it, a "Chang 2200uf 25v" exploded & left its Juices all over the insides this adapter, & the other 2 caps (same type) looked all ready to pop as well. I replaced all 3 them with Rubycon caps & Drilled some vent holes in the plastic housing to let it vent a bit. If there was ever a AC Adapter that needed venting holes & a Fan inside it, it would be this one.



Final Conclusions:

1: Only buy this as a emergency spare to hold you off while you buy a real one!

2: Do not use your Laptop while Charging the Batteries at the same time. Wait until your batteries are charged fully before running your Lap Top, or it will overheat & die!!





NOTE: The following is dangerous & should NOT be tried if you do not know what your doing!

I was able to use this Adapter under full load by opening it & aiming a small fan at it to keep it cool, then it ran perfectly! If only I could find a small 20v Fan, I'd add it myself.

I bought this supply when repairing and testing an Inspiron 9100 laptop. It met my expectations, supplying the needed voltage and current at a reasonable price. I am not sure that the BIOS single-pin read of the model/serial brought in the expected data - but that feature was not relevant to my usage and I did not explore it farther.

Whoever said it was the exact same thing as the one that came with their Dell computer is either lying or got a cheap knock-off with their Dell.



1) the cords are much shorter.

2) all the materials look and feel much cheaper. The adapter itself is about 1/3 as heavy as my previous one.

3) it would not even provide a constant power supply. It would cause my computer to flicker from battery power to plugged in repeatedly, especially when doing something "strenuous" like watching a movie or playing a game. This causes the screen to flicker on and off every time and then lag the computer for 1-2 seconds. Makes games unplayable.

4) did I mention it's super cheap? It fell off my desk once (a whopping 2 foot fall) and now will not provide any power at all. I am currently typing this with the last 47 minutes of battery I have left on my computer.

This AC Adapter is identical in every detail to the adapter that came with my Dell. It works perfectly with no problems at all. I am very satisfied with this product.AC Adapter for Dell PA-15, D2746, ADP-150EB - Laptop Charger - Charger - Dell Replacement Ac Adapter - Dell Ac Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information