Sunday 31 July 2011

2009 Amazon Frustration-fre - flosser, water pik


I have found this flosser to be a convenient alternative to traditional dental floss, however, I do still prefer the cleaning power of traditional waxed dental floss. For people with braces this is such a nice tool to easily get between the teeth as long as your teeth aren't too cramped. My son uses this and it does a good job, and although I've tried it, it's not something I will be purchasing for myself. For it's cheap price, however, I would recommend giving it a try. Each of the disposable flossing heads can be used at least a couple of times if desired. My only complaint is that you cannot choose the color and unfortunately my teenage son received a girl color: purple! **Update** My sons dentist said that this flosser was irritating his gums. He does change his flossing tip daily so I can only assume it's the vibrating motion that his gums don't like. We have since switched to regular waxed floss, a good quality brand called Glide, and his gums feel better.

I am not a flosser...I don't do it nearly as much as dentists recommend. This gadget will give you more incentive to attempt daily flossing. Even if you don't floss everyday, you'll find you're tempted to do it more often with this device than with that dreadful string.



Pros- Infrequent flossers may floss more. It's easier to maneuver than string floss. It's a Godsend to people with braces or other dental work.



Cons- It is difficult, sometimes impossible, to get in between tightly spaced teeth...I can barely slide the thick tips down the sides of my front teeth. It is costly to keep replacing the tips.



While it does not reach the many plaque prone areas between teeth that normal floss does, something is better than nothing. String flossers, stick with your string...flossing slackers, give this device a try.

I was very disappointed in this item. The flosser tips must be meant for people huge gaps in their teeth, because they dont come near to being able to floss my teeth or have ANY effect on my gums at all. Im stuck with a useless battery powered flosser now since I cant return it. I plan to contact the company.

I've used the Water Pik Flosser for many years. My recent purchase of replacement tips has been less than satisfactory. They have changed, have become flimsy and one does not last through one flossing! I am not happy with these at all.

I bought one of these when I could no longer find the Oral B Hummingbird in stores. (I've since found the latter on-line at Amazon, hurray!) The plastic tips are limp to begin with and soon curl after the briefest use. They do not effectively remove particles. I've been using my last remaining Hummingbird for a check after doing my best with the Waterpik flosser and it consistently removes particles missed by the Waterpik. Moreover the set of plastic tips provided runs out long before the battery does. I am throwing it in the trash now that I have found that I can order the Oral B Hummingbird.

What is wrong is simple. The tips are so flimsy it is like trying to get tissue paper beyween your teeth. It is a TOTAL RIP OFF. Any one who wrote a positive review either is being paid by the company or received a different product than I did (the WaterPik FLA-220 Power Flosser). I bought two and all the tips were the same). It is literally unusable. It kills me to give it one star (which you are required to do) since it deserves none.

I can't think of anything good to say about this device, except that, fortunately, it is not very expensive. I was surprised when I tried it for the first time. It has a very thin plastic probe that vibrates, but to no effect. It does not remove the plaque between the teeth and the probe is so fine and limber that it does not do anything around the gum line. Sometimes the end of the probe closest to the handle gets too close to the teeth and is very uncomfortable. I cannot see any use for this item. I tried it twice and went back to conventional floss. Don't waste your money! - Flosser - Dental Floss - 2009 Amazon Frustration-fre - Water Pik'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information