Saturday 30 July 2011

Apc Replacement Battery - ups, apc replacement battery


I had bought this battery for my user-replaceable APC brand of UPS.

The battery did not last very long at all - my best guess is that these batteries do not move as quickly as others and that they may not be fresh when obtained.

I have since had much, much better results by using the services of one of the many large online battery companies that offer "SLA" ("sealed lead acid") batteries. Most of these companies now offer an interactive display where one will enter in the model number of APC brand UPS that they have and the correct battery replacement will be suggested. APC RBC2 Replacement Battery Cart

I had just had a conversation with a friend remarking how long this battery had lasted when it failed: at least 5 years, maybe 6-7. I thought about buying a new unit, but this seemed like such a much cheaper deal that it would be worth it. The new battery snapped into place and I used the enclosed postage sticker to send the old one back for recycling. It was a snap. This is the real value of the APC equipment: it lasts a long time.

Its just fine - it is the correct replacement battery branded by the UPS manufacturer.



It comes with a pre-paid UPS label to return the old battery for recycling (I don't know if it is a legal requirement for the vendor to do this, but, since it is a lead battery, recycling it is a priority, so this is very convenient).



And it has worked for about six weeks now without any problems.

I bought two of these to replace aging battery cartridges that were no longer holding a charge. Each original was over 3 years old. The nice thing about this unit is that it comes with a prepaid return label so that the old cartridge can be recycled at no cost to the buyer.



However, if you'd like to save some money, you can consider generic units. I found that the "Batteries Plus" chain stores will also accept spent batteries (and entire UPS systems) for recycling at no charge.

Upon inspection of this battery out of the box, it was obvious that it is a reconditioned battery. There are many scuff marks on the sides and especially the bottom. The plastic feet on the bottom are worn. There is no date of manufacture. I set the old five-year-old battery from my UPS beside the one that I received from Amazon today and the casing of the old battery is in better condition than the "new" one. If Amazon sells a product, I assume that it is new unless stated otherwise. Considering the cost of returning this item, I am stuck with a less-than-acceptable product. If you decide to buy this item from Amazon, you should inspect it carefully when you first receive it. And let Amazon know that you are not happy if you receive a product that does not meet their standards.

I've used APC products for many years, and in spite of the relatively high price compared to other brands like Tripp Lite, Belkin, etc., I've always been pleased with APC's level of quality. This particular purchase is my second "refill" for a long-lasting BP-500CLR that's gone way past its warranty period and keeps on tickin'. Though I like Tripp Lite's products in general, their batteries haven't lasted as long as APC's.

I replaced my 6+ years old original battery in APC CS 500. Replacement is a breeze.

The package also comes with a pre-paid UPS label to ship your old battery back. Put the new one in your APC UPS taking the old battery out. Put the old battery in the box the new one came in, seal it, affix the pre-paid UPS label on the sealed box, and drop that in to any UPS boxes around. You are done! - Ups - Apc Replacement Battery - Battery - Battery Backup'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information