Sunday 31 July 2011

String Light - rope lights, string light


I bought one of these 24-footers, it works great now but I was a little scared when I first put it up... One section of about 6-feet was blinking after I'd installed it along the ceiling crevice in my dining room, Eventually I got working ok just by repositioning it... but that's why I gave this product 4 stars instead of 5. Good Earth Lighting, Inc. G9524CLR-I 24-Foot Rope Lighting, Clear

Purchase process was easy. The product arrived in time. One of the 24 foot strings has a broken wire so about two feet does not light unless you twist and play with it. It is too small of an item to fool around trying to return, etc., so I just won't buy from that vendor again. I probably will not buy this type of product on line ever again. Live and learn.

I bought these to light up my hut in Afghanistan and thought they worked fairly well. I then strung the rope up and where the rope bent at a loose 90 degrees that section has burnt out.



I would also like to have an on/off switch for this product as well.

Just got these in the mail today, and as soon as I went to put them up 2 sections of the lights burnt out. If you jiggle them ALOT, they will turn back on for a minute, but then they go out again. It's not worth trying to mess with them constantly, so I'm going to return them. I would just go buy these types of lights in a store like Lowe's or something in the future, to avoid having to deal with the whole shipping drama for returns, etc. Cheap, cheap, cheap!

I bought these rope lights to run around the railing on my deck for ambient lighting at night. They worked great right out of the box, and I haven't had any problems with them in the two weeks that I have been using them so far. One nice thing about this set is that it about 3/8" in diameter, which is a little bit thinner than most other rope lights. This give them a slightly lower profile and makes them less noticeable when they aren't turned on.



My only complaint might be that the screws included with the mounting hardware are a bit weak. I managed to shear the heads off of about 6 of them while trying to mount them in the hardwood railings. If you don't mind picking up $1.00 worth of screws at your hardware store, then this a great set.

We bought these and waited a few weeks to put on our patio. At first we thought they were great but after two weeks, sections of the lights burned out. Since we had waited so long to hang them it was too late to return them. We bought two strings of lights and they both did the same. Have had other rope lights that lasted for years, feel these must have been defective.

My daughter needed these for a high school activity. Two of the three complete lengths of the rope light did not work. She had to purchase three additional lengths at the local ACE for the show.

Very poor quality control of this product. Would not purchase from this company in the future.

THESE LIGHTS ARE GREAT BUT IF YOU WANT A WHITE WHITE LIGHT THESE ARE NOT THE LIGHTS FOR YOU. WE BOUGHT THE CLEAR LIGHTS BUT THEY ARE REALLY MORE OF A PALE WHITE, DIRTY WHITE OR REAL LIGHT YELLOW LIGHT. WE HAVE SOME CLEAR LED LIGHTS IN THE YARD AND YOU CAN REALLY TELL THE DIFFERENCE BUT THE ROPE LIGHTS ARE GREAT, JUST NOT WHITE....... - String Light - Electric - Good Earth - Rope Lights'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information