Saturday 30 July 2011

Sustain Pedal - keyboard pedal, sustain pedal


This pedal is really worth the price. I can't imagine not having it. I use it with a Yamaha P70 digital keyboard. I grew up playing a normal piano, and was skeptical about how this would work. The control is very precise. It is indespensible for anyone who is used to using a pedal. At first I thought it was a little high of the ground, but I got used to it. Yamaha FC3 Dual Zone Piano Style Sustain Pedal

I recently bought a Yamaha keyboard/synthesizer and was debating whether to buy the FC4 or pay double the price of an FC4 and get the FC3. As I have been a pianist all my life, in the end, I thought it would be better for me to have the fine control (half pedaling, etc.) of the sustain pedal as I would on an acoustic piano. I am very pleased with my decision. This pedal feels like the pedal on the grand piano that I am used to working with. I would recommend this for anyone thinking of substituting a keyboard for a piano.

My first FC3 pedal bought in 2005 stopped working last year. It didn't get much use and stayed under a synthesizer that never moved in a house. This pedal shouldn't be thrown in the trash.



The difference in sound effect between the Yamaha FC3 and FC4 pedals is subtle and may not be worth the extra $15 to some. I can appreciate what the FC3 can do as long as I'm wearing monitors in or on my ears.

Read this and you will save yourself a lot of potential frustration. This email was written for the FC4 but it probably applies to the FC3 so i'm posting it to save you some potential grief. On my son's Yamaha keyboard I learned that you must have the FC4 footpedal, and probably the FC3 as well, plugged in BEFORE you turn on the keyboard or the sustain is always on and will only go off when you press the keyboard (reverse of normal operation). We had originally purchased an FC3 foot pedal and returned it to amazon for this same problem. I'm sure the FC3 would work the same as the FC4 in this regard so we wasted a lot of time. All that being said, we are going to keep the FC4 as it meets my son's expectations for $25 less than the FC3. My understanding is the FC3 is more like a true piano sustain pedal in that it is variable, whereas the FC4 is on or off, which is all my son really wants.

I purchased the Yamaha FC3 because my previous sustain pedal broke and would squeak when pressed. It turns out that the pivot point for the pedal was broken. I purchased this Yamaha pedal based on the reviews and was impressed with the quality. After using it for about 3 months this pedal is beginning to squeak. It appears that the pedal mechanism may be rubbing against the pedal housing. I lubed the mechanism with a grease and the squeaking stopped for about a week. Now the pedal is squeaking again. I am starting the warranty process to see how Yamaha will handle this. Stay tuned!

5 stars because looks solid, heavy, and beautiful and is the best Yamaha sustain pedal.

Doesn't work on my PSRe-313. A little research showed that it works with only a few portable grands, most P- models, and a few others. The rest of us need the FC4(similar design) or FC5(cheapest, just on/off sustain) . Look in your owner's manual or go to yamaha.com and find your model, then look under "Assessories" to see what sustain pedals are compatible with your keyboard. Probably not compatible with any non-Yamaha keyboard.

I gave this product 5 stars because I have no reason to doubt it is a great pedal,but please be warned it does NOT work with the Motif es8. The pedal for that is the Yamaha FC4. Hopefully, this will save someone else the frustration of ordering the wrong pedal like I did. - Keyboard Pedal - Sustain Pedal'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information