Sunday 31 July 2011

Morning Star Incense - morning star incense


There are several things I love about this incense. 1) The stickless style - no leftover stick after it's burned, just a small amount of ash. 2) This scent - Lavender - is not as heavy or intense as some other types (patchoulli, sandalwood), so it's great for everyday use. 3) It comes in a box of 200, which is really great.



All the incense I've tried from Morning Star has been great, but this one's my favorite. My mom even came over to my house one day and smelled the incense and said she liked it - and she's NOT an incense fan.



Great for meditation or as a pick-me-up. I burn it while doing housework and it seems to just add to my energy. Very nice. Nippon Kodo - Morning Star - Vanilla 200 Sticks and Holder

I find it very hard to find just the right incense; most smell strange to me. This has an excellent aroma, I love it. It's not overpowering, nor does it smell chemical or too perfume-ish. This box has a large number of sticks--200 lasts me more than a year. The sticks may seem small, but they don't come on a wire--just place it in the small stand provided (inside a dish you provide to catch the ash), and its lovely.

A good quality product, and nice packaged.

Do not expect 200 incense sticks of the usual size. These sticks are thin and only about 4 1/2 inches long.

I consider it a bit misleading not to mention the size - therefore only 4 stars - the product is not bad. Makes a nice gift too, because it is really nice packaged and looks like a quality product. Ten dollars is a bit expensive when you consider half the length of regular sticks...

This scent kinda sneaks up on you. When you first light it, you may not think it has an aroma at all unless you are right over it. However, within a few minutes it will dawn on you that the smell is there--it is just so light and relaxing that at first you may miss it. The sticks don't look like regular incense because while they are sticks the sticks are made of pure incense with no wood, but they burn about a half hour per stick and put out a nice scent. I feel that this will end up being my go-to incense, and highly recommend it for those who want a quality scent without an overpowering aroma.

I love lavender products, and I find this one relaxing and appealing. I use it for meditation periods, among other times. The scent is strong, but does not last overly long, so if someone in your home dislikes incense, it will dissipate in a reasonable length of time.

I dig the red Japanese box and the incense smells good, but the smell fades quicker than other incense I have used. Good quantity for the price. Decent quality. The "incense stand" is a 2cm by 2cm square tile with a hole in the middle, allowing the stick to stand up and drop ash everywhere. Good with a bowl underneath.

This is a very nice smelling incense, with a fragrance that sticks around.



Three things came as a surprise though...



1) The sticks are much smaller than a normal stick, about 60% their size. Not bad, just unexpected.

2) There is NO "bare handle" like normal sticks, the ENTIRE length is the incense.

3) It comes with a (very) small incense holder. It looks to be painted ceramic. This is a good thing if you have a wooden incense holder. Hot coal against wood. Hmmmm. ;)



I'm very happy with this purchase and will buy it again. :) - Morning Star Incense'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information