Saturday 30 July 2011

Beginner Yoga Dvd - yoga for beginners, yoga


Having done yoga both with videos and in a class, I found this video to be a step above most other yoga videos. It is arranged in three sections, each having multiple workouts. The first section is designed for beginners, with one section teaching a basic set of poses, and two sections with flow-style practices of varying length. That is, the poses flow from one to the next for continuous, slow movement. The pacing is great - slow enough to allow good form in each pose, but fast enough to allow you to move along with the breath, as you breath in and out. However, it is clearly not "remedial," and includes poses requiring some flexibility, balance, and strength (e.g., downward-facing dog with one leg raised, as well as some balancing poses). If someone lacks flexibility or strength, I'd definitely recommend starting instead with "Essential Yoga for Inflexible People," which a friend tells me is perfect for beginners. The second section (the one I use the most) is a little more challenging and also has several different flow-style practices that vary in focus (arms, legs, total body) and length. It's surprising how much your heart gets beating and you really feel your muscles working. They are the ideal every-day workout. The third section is an interesting twist - yoga along with light weights or a resistance band to get even more strength training work. Again, there are several different practices that vary in focus and length. Very clever and fun. The instructions on how to work in each pose are extremely well done. Usually, the biggest downside to learning yoga from a video rather than a well-conducted class is that you can't get individualized instruction, and so you can learn the poses incorrectly and not get the full benefit of the practice. However, the instruction is so well-done that I found this video to instead help me refine and improve my use of the various poses. Finally, the filming is simply beautiful, with a gorgeous ocean landscape. This is quickly becoming my favorite yoga video! Yoga For Weight Loss for Beginners

I have not done a lot of yoga before, but now I'm hooked.



This DVD is fantastic. It has two levels of workouts (and each level has a few workouts) - one level is for beginners and one has some more challenging poses once you are comfortable with the first level.



There is also a third section (again with a few workouts) that incorporates weights and/or a resistance band into the workout.



Not only have I lost some weight and am closer to touching my toes easily, but I have really toned up from this DVD. I would have called this DVD, "Yoga for Getting in Shape" Highly recommended.

What I love most about this video is that it's a bunch of videos in one. Depending on the time you have in a given day, you can always fit in one of the workouts - so no more excuses! The instruction is crystal clear and the setting is beautiful. I was skeptical about doing yoga with weights at first, but it works. And this video really teaches you, so you can eventually do the workouts on your own.

This is one of two titles I have recently purchased from Maggie (the other is Essential Yoga For Inflexible People ) to help me increase my flexibility and get into shape.



I love both DVDs and they are perfect for me who is new to Yoga.



This DVD has a basic section to teach you the movements you will need then gives you extended workouts and workouts using resistance bands and weights.



Beautiful location and I find myself using this alot now. I am starting to feel comfortable with it. Definately a worthwhile purchase. I use Essential Yoga For Inflexible People also and that has helped develop some aspects of what I am doing and is a worthwhile compliment to this DVD if you need more grounding.



All in all a great DVD.

I love this DVD and glad I bought it.



I really enjoy the extra sections using the band for toning, can feel it work and the other levels helped bring along in learning yoga.



Between the instructor (she is great) the scenary (beautiful) and the actual instruction I would highly recommend this DVD

The most important aspect of this yoga DVD is that the instructor, Maggie Rhoades, is a teacher in the Iyengar tradition of yoga at one of the best yoga centers in the country, Unity Woods in the Washington, DC Metropolitan area. Beginning with an excellent introduction and a highly informative overview of yoga's purpose, goals, and methods -explaining how yoga can complement everything we do in life - Miss Rhoades takes the viewer on a challenging and highly instructive tour, offering routines for beginners, explaining and of course demonstrating in a step-by-step manner, many basic poses. She not only explains how to do each pose but she tells us the benefits of each. This is not a video to follow from start to finish (because it contains so much), but is probably more suited to a viewer finding routines that suit his or her level, interest, and ability. It does presuppose a certain familiarity with yoga poses and techniques, although a complete novice could start just with her basics and then build from there. There is really so much on this very long tape - it even includes the use of props - that it is well worth the reasonable price. I especially appreciated Ms. Rhoades' "Interview" advice in which she suggests that viewers make yoga part of their lives and to "have fun" doing it. The island setting and Ms. Rhoades positive demeanor only enhances the viewer's enjoyment.

This is a wonderful DVD that offers a wide-range of workouts for both the beginner and more in shape person. There are traditional yoga poses done in very challenging ways and some more interesting things that spice up the workouts. Overall I find this a very rewarding DVD that has helped me shed a few pounds while leaving me very relaxed afterwards. Highly recommended. - Yoga For Beginners - Yoga - Beginners Yoga - Yoga Dvd'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information