Saturday 30 July 2011

Nikon Battery - battery charger, nikon


Very compact and light. Works both with 110V and 220V for international travelling (the Nikon charger supplied with the D200 is 110V only). The power prongs flip out, making the charger very compact with no cables to carry around in my camera bag.



I've rated it 4 stars because there are no instructions provided. Through trial and error, I figured out that a solid red light means "charging" and a solid green light means charging is complete. Premium EN-EL3 EN-EL3e Digital Camera Battery Rapid Charger with Car Adapter for Nikon Digital SLR D700, D300, D200, D90, D80

This is a great charger, it's totally portable with foldaway outlet prongs, is dual voltage for travel abroad and not bulky like the Nikon charger. I use this now instead of the supplied charger from Nikon that requires a cable.

I purchased this only for use in the car [I have 3 regular Nikon chargers]. I drive >1 hour each way from work, and have left it into the charger for a few days now. I gave up waiting for the green light [charge complete] to come on, and so I stuck my battery into the camera to see what level it was charged at. It turned out to only be at 50%.



The other thing that is bad about this product is that the holder part actually separates into 2 pieces, when I try to fit the Nikon battery into the slot, or remove it from the holder. I wouldn't mind so much that it's cheaply made, if it could actually charge the battery from within the car.



BTW, I am trying to recharge EN-EL3e batteries.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a portable charger for their Nikon camera. I have three, one for each vehicle and a spare for home. It saves me from using a power inverter with the Nikon charger in my car.

The charger started smoking when it was plugged into the outlet. They wanted me to pay for return shipping and they wanted to charge shipping cost for a replacement. Piece of junk!! Buyer beware!! Premium EN-EL3 EN-EL3e Digital Camera Battery Rapid Charger with Car Adapter for Nikon Digital SLR D700, D300, D200, D90, D80

After receiving the product I plugged it in to my wall outlet cradling the battery. I left for a few hours, and my wife called exclaiming that the home smelled like burnt rubber. I came home shortly after, and after a few minutes realized that the charger must have caught on fire and had smoke trails up the face plate of the outlet. It had combusted. I am glad I didn't have anything resting against it.

I just purchased this because I have misplaced my charger for the Nikon D90. I plugged it in and put the battery on it and the green light stays on but my battery is only half way charged. After 2 hrs on the charger it didn't even charge it at all. This is a total waste of money and I recomend just buying the Nikon charger at a higher cost but also a higher quality!

I bought this product thinking this is such a awesome deal and alternative to the stock charger, but I was SOOOO wrong! It looks good and is very user friendly, transportable and even can charge your battery in your car. BUT BUT BUT...It does not work at all. Don't be tricked by the other comments saying that it works fine. I thought it worked fine until I charged it. Basically when supposedly is "fully charged" and you put it in your camera it does say it is fully charged. Yet, when you watch the battery meter on your camera for about 10-20 secs the percentage will drop maybe 20%. 20% in 20 secs. WTF. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DEFECT PIECE OF ****. - Battery Charger - Nikon D90 - Nikon - Nikon Battery'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information