Sunday 31 July 2011

Nail Care - dog grooming, nail clipper


I have a Great Dane, & he HATED these clippers--for a) even when they were brand spanking new they were too dull/weak to handle his nails. b) they made a loud whacking sound-like a guillotine that understandingly made us both uneasy.

I thought he hated getting his nails clipped, but i got a metal "serious" (ie: not pretty and red and white, but professional-grade) clipper that slips through his massive talons like butter and he sits patiently not minding my doting. Bamboo Dog Nail Clipper with Styptic and File (Colors Vary)

I have a Blue/White one but it's the same model. I Love how it has a Styptic powder included cuz we all cut it a wee bit too short sometimes. But I've used the guillotine type cutters and they never cut cleanly. But this one cut cleanly and my dogs didn't even flinch. I think I'm gonna be using this one for a LONG time. At I bought mine at Target for like $9.99 so the price and quality is excellent. I'd recommend it !!

These clippers are perfect for diy pet care! I've never trimmed my dog's nails on my own before, and these came with clear instructions. They are super easy to use and not scary at all. They styptic and file seems to be useful. I didn't have to use the styptic, but I did use the file, and I loved it.

My previous experience with dog nail clippers has been with the guillotine type, which were terrible to use and generally did a very poor job. These scissor like clippers do the job nicely. I have a medium size dog (50 lbs) and trim my dog's nails after a bath. If you give the dog a bath first, the nails become softer and easier to trim, plus no splintering.



You will receive a random color. I got pink, and since I have a girl dog, she doesn't mind the pink. There is a place to store the styptic in the handle, but I just removed this as it's a challenge to remove if you need it. I have not needed the styptic after several nail trimmings. I don't really bother with the file either, but it is nice to have.



These have a plastic lever in between the handles that serves as a locking mechanism. Sometimes when I am trimming, the lever closes and locks the clippers. This is annoying but has not caused any real problem.



The clippers seem sturdy, and the metal cuts nicely. They fit into my hand nicely and are easy to control.



This style is far superior to the guillotine ones.

I bought two nail clippers on the same day one of them being this one and the other being a nail clipper that can detect the quick. I first tried the quick detector thinking that was a great concept. It was bulky and hard to maneuver with an uncooperative dog so I switch to this took. I LOVED it. I was able to finish the nail clipping in 15 minutes with no incident; which is a miracle all in itself. I HIGHLY recommend these clippers. I prefer this type to the guillotine type as it is easier to maneuver and see what you are doing so less chance of nicking the quick.

Cuts my beagle/bulldog's claws very smoothly without cracking them. She doesn't struggle too much and appears comfortable. Would give 5 stars but I spotted the exact same item at my local Target for ten bucks. I am a little disappointed Amazon got beat price-wise. - Nail Clipper - Dogs - Dog Nail Clippers - Dog Grooming'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information