Sunday 31 July 2011

Hdtv Lcd Projection Tvs


When our TV's lamp went out, I was a little concerned about how hard it would be to change this thing out... I'm a computer geek by trade, but I honestly don't know a lot about HD televisions. I took a quick look at my TV's manual, and had learned how to pop the lamp in and out in just a few minutes.

Basically, you pop open one panel, turn a lever and pull out another panel, grab the old lamp by hook/finger handle, gently pull up and out. Push the new one in until it pops into place, make sure you replace the inner panel properly (the one with the lever, if not secured properly, the TV won't turn on), then pop the outer panel back on and there you have it, a TV again.

Our lamp has been in for several months, and the image quality (especially brightness) seems to be as good as I remember the stock lamp. Having said that, it may be the stock lamp.

Summary: if your WEGA or whatever goes black and this lamp fits into your unit, then get one. I like a bright TV in a dark room, as does my wife. We've both put this replacement lamp to it's paces, not to mention we leave the TV on when we're not home. Sony XL-2400 Replacement Lamp for Grand WEGA 3LCD Rear Projection HDTV

This lamp came from a third party vendor named VANN'S. I got it on time with no issues. Installation was extremely simple. It literally took me longer to open the box than it did to replace the bulb. This product includes the entire assembly. If you're handy and want to save a few bucks, you may consider purchasing just the bulb and reusing the old assembly that is not affected when the bulb burns out. I will do that next time.

Just received my replacement bulb. Took all but one minute to replace. Spent more time cleaning dust then replacing bulb. Replacement bulb was a perfect match. Immediately I was able to adjust the brightness on my TV from 92 to 50. The color of the picture is back to the same quality as when I bought the TV 4 years ago. Thank you [...]. Excellent company to do business with.

My lamp went out several weeks ago. I called sears and sony who wanted way to much for it. I came to Amazon and found it for about half of what they were asking. Once it arrived it was easy to swap out and what I wasn't expecting is that the brightness and contrast apparently were dimming on my old lamp and it was instantly corrected when I placed the new lamp in.

Item came in quickly. Was packaged very well. Installation was easy and worked like it was supposed to. Only complaint, is that I would have liked for instructions to be included in the box for replacing damaged lamp. I looked it up online and it was very easy.

The lamp I replaced was around four years old. It still worked. I felt the quality of the TVs picture had dropped but I didn't know how much until I swapped the lamps. Tremendous improvement. The lamp is of the quality I expected. My best endorsement is that I would buy from this seller again.

This was a complete unit, not just the bulb that some offer. Very easy to install. Important to remember you do have to firmly secure the unit when putting back in. Before taking out the old unit, make a mental note of where it was lined up. The whole procedure took less than five minutes. Great Seller. Fast and efficient service.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information