Sunday 31 July 2011

Ipod Charger - usb charger, charger


Like everyone else, I hate Apple's not including an AC adapter with the iPod and then charging $30 to get one. And, like many here, I was hesitant to buy a $3 charger since it might ruin my $250 nano. But it isn't a $3 charger. It's more like a $6-10 charger when you add in the "shipping" -- roughly $7.50 for one and $10.50 for two, which is really shipping, handling and profit. Even at those prices, it's much better than Apple and I like the design even better (roughly half the size and one third the weight. Given the small power output, that shouldn't be a problem and is better when traveling. Apple's adapter is almost as big as the one for my iBook and that uses many times the power of an iPod charger.



Someone expressed concern about the lack of a "charge completed" indicator, but I don't see how that could happen. To my knowledge, a USB port (which this charger replicates so far as charging is concerned) does not know when anything connected to it is done charging (or even if it is charging vs. operating) so all the charge control would seem to have to be in the iPod, not the charger.



I gave this product four stars instead of five only because of the company's misleading shipping charge. Paradoxically, they might sell more if they charged the true price and a more reasonable shipping charge since a lot of people are likely to be scared away by a ridiculously low price, out of fear they will damage their iPod. I wish Amazon would require its affiliated sellers to adhere to a reasonable shipping cost policy. Amazon's charging reasonable shipping is a big reason I tend to come to their site, but situations like this are making me look elsewhere more. USB/AC for MP3 Players - White

I've bought three of these on separate occasions - one for me and two as gifts. Each arrived very fast by mail and all work perfectly. The charger is very small and has a built-in folding plug. It can charge any device that uses USB for charging. Simple, elegant and even with shipping it is less than 1/3 the price of the Apple version - highly recommended!

Charger FRIED our iPOD video first time we used it. iPOD was burning hot and is ruined.I've sent 7 emails to Cemtronix-NO RESPONSE! Can't find Cemtronix phone no. anywhere-includ Amazon CS and internet search. Want reimbursement for new iPOd $265.19 plus 6.00. Very upset and disgusted that Cemtronix won't respond and Amazon won't provide phone number or address of Cemtronix.



READ THIS!!!

Cemtronix responded to my evaluation by writing: Seller Response: ""NOT TRUE" Item was tested and was not defective at all. This buyer was looking for a free iPod "SELLERS BEWARE"" Date: 3/13/2007



THIS IS NOT TRUE!! Cemtronix NEVER contacted me or tested the product. I still have it. I was NOT looking for a free ipod. Mine worked fine before using the charger.

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY DO NOT DESERVE ANY BUSINESS!

Just what the doctor ordered. It's robbery what Apple charges for their chargers, considering that if you buy one of their $300+ video ipods, it doesn't even come with one! Just what you need for on-the-road charging, and it weighs next to nothing.

I just received the USB adapter and attempted to charge my Ipod Shuffle. When plugging the charger into the wall, it sparked and shot out of the wall. The left side of my room lost power. Black smoot was all over the USB charger. I do not recommend this product to anyone unless you enjoy watching your house burn down. The $30 one from Apple will be well worth the extra cost.

This charger fried 2 mp3 players, both less than 4 weeks old. A new Ipod touch stopped powering up after the first charge using this item. A cheaper mp3 player died after about a week of use. It worked for a few charges, then after plugging it in one day, I noticed the charging light on the player did not come on and it was extremely hot.

Advertisement indicates that this charger is for iPod Shuffle, Nano, etc. I ordered the charger, and after 3 weeks (which is another story), I received the device, but it did not charge my iPod Shuffle. I sent several e-mails to the company (inspiretech), and they finally agreed to send a replacement, and asked me to retract my negative rating. I recently received the replacement, and it also does not charge the Shuffle. After numerous attempts to contact inspiretech, no response. I guess they are done with me. Watch Out!!! THIS WILL NOT CHARGE AN iPOD SHUFFLE, regardless of what the ad says. - Usb Charger - Ipod Accessories - Charger - Usb'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information