Sunday 31 July 2011

Personal Recorder - digital recorder, digital voice recorders


The recorder arrived very promptly, but it is engineered to keep running as long as the batteries are left within it. In other words, it is necessary to remove them every time I anticipate a long lapse between uses. This problem should be dealt with in designing the next version of this product. Memorex Digital Voice Recorder

I purchased two recorders to be used by my 87-year old visually impaired friend so she could record notes and things she wanted to remember since she can no longer write legibly. I then transcribe the notes for her and while I am doing this for her, she has the second one to use until I see her again. It works out well - my only problem is that I cannot "pause" while listening and then start up again where I left off. It always goes back to the beginning of the message.

The product is advertised with "408 recording hours". After opening the package and using it I found fine print that states "battery life 16 hours for recording and 10 hours for playback". This requires 26 battery changes. Time for a refund.

Buyer beware. If it's cheap, it's cheap. First let me say that I did not purchase this through Amazon as I had an immediate need and could not wait. It was the only unit I could obtain locally. Battery life zero. You cannot fast forward...nothing like listening to an all day meeting all over again just to pick up a few key points...If you accidently stop it rather than pause it, you go back to the beginning! No thought went into this unit.

The sound quality isn't the greatest, and you cant connect it to the computer to transfer the files. as a result u have to delete the files every week to make up room. Buts its cheap and it has different files to use for different class.

Granted, I was no longer in the state of mind to do anymore shopping,so I bought this recorder in the "last resort" mindframe. The positive, it does have decent sound quality and the design is practical however,its inexpensive feel reminds me of a toy model and for the price you could definetly find a recorder with more features (i.e. PC compatible,more storage) and within the same price range. If you are looking for the basics,then there are still better prices around; either way I wouldnt recommend this model, it doesnt quite live up to its looks.



...and yes,I will be in the line for Returns. - Voice Recorder - Digital Voice Recorders - Voice Recorders - Digital Recorder'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information