Sunday 31 July 2011

Cordless Impact - impact wrench, milwaukee m18


I have owned and throughly used it as a DIYer for the summer and all I can say is it vastly out performed all of my expectations. I had recently purchased the Craftsman 18Volt version of the same tool and soon discovered its limitations. The Craftsman is a child's toy Christmas toy compared to the Milwaukee. I have removed and replaced passenger car wheels at least a couple of dozen times, plus removing large suspension nuts and bolts including a couple that are torqued to 330 lbs-ft; the tool has never struggles and I am still on the same charge.



I too ordered the tool with the "pin detent" instead of the ball. I chose it because so I didn't need to worry about the sockets falling off when used with the wrench nose down. And for all the other times, I have a super short extension attached to the pin of the wrench and use it has a standard ball detent. This way I get the best of both worlds.



Pros: Great power; Great Battery life; variable speed/force; quite compared to other battery and air impact tools; Great Price when compared to other similar caliber tools, Comes with a nice HD blow molded tool case, charger and two batteries



Cons: With the big battery, its a little heavy; all your neighbors will want to borrow it!





The price here at Amazon is great. It was nearly $200 less than my local tool store wanted for the same tool.

What more can I say, I LOVE THIS TOOL, and would highly recommend it. Milwaukee 2662-22 18-Volt M18 1/2-Inch High-Torque Impact Wrench with Pin Detent

I got mine today after over 2 months waiting because of "back order".

Tried it out, just a short initial performance review.



I was wondering about the pin retainer, I won't advocate for or against, just something that might be useful in deciding between it and the "friction ring" I'm used to. It looks like a rounded pin not a ball. More difficult to get the sockets on and doesn't hold as good as the friction ring.

Except if your sockets have the hole, then they won't come off (unless you use something to poke in the hole to push the pin down). Good if you don't change sockets much, a little more of a pain if you do.



It handled a lug nut (3/4" stud) on an open rim truck wheel, I checked the nut first with a breaker bar and it didn't move with about 350 foot lb of force, so It's easily putting out more than that.

Tried it on the front wheel of my Mitts,, Well that was good for a laugh.

I guess I won't be getting rid of the 1" air impact any time soon.



It appears the 450 pounds-feet advertised is a real number not the rubber kind used by Sears or government accounting.

You aught to be good up to a clean 3/4" bolt.

Unless you also use it as a wheel chock, it's hard to see why you'd want a heavy duty 1/2 Air impact over this.

I like the features of the Milwaukee 2662 impact driver. It takes a little while to get used to the reverse switch and using an Allen wrench or other small tool to remove the socket but you won't lose the socket under your car while working. It removed lug nuts with ease. Just be careful when tightening any fastener. Take it slow at first. I stripped a large tie-rod fastener the first time I used it. It has more torque than my Ingersol-Rand 231 impact driver. The batteries charge very quickly also.

Couldn't believe the power this impact produces. The lugs on my van came right off without hesitation with just a pull of the trigger. Small enough to carry when traveling on long trips for that untimely flat. - Impact Wrench - Milwaukee M18'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information