Saturday 30 July 2011

Watches


And have not regretted a thing. No reviews here, and not too many on similar wenger watches, so I was walking in blind. However, the simple design and basic materials caused me to take the chance and buy it.



I'm glad I did. It fits well on the wrist, and does not get too sweaty in heat (although the backside of the watch tends to accumulate sweat) and is not too heavy. The depth of the watch is a bit more than I anticipated, but that is ok. It is light on the wrist and the first day I wore it, I forgot it was there. The lighted face is useful, but it oftens need a charge in light before it is bright enough to see in darkness. The glass face has no scratches, and while the steel rim has one, it is due to user error and not material quality.



A good watch. If you are looking for something rugged, dependable, and not ostentatious - Get this. Wenger Swiss Military Men's 72900 Classic Field White Dial Brown Leather Military Watch

I am only giving this one star because there is not an option for zero (OR NEGATIVE) stars!! I saw this watch in a dept. store and my husband liked the look of it, so I purchased it for him on Amazon.com for his birthday (it was offered on Amazon as a set with a small pocket knife for the same price as just the watch in the store).



Immediately upon opening the box, the watch DID NOT RUN. I assumed it was just a dead battery and took the watch to a local jeweler, who informed me that if they opened the case, it would void my warranty, so I called the NY 1-800# for Wenger which only added to my frustration. First, I was informed (in broken English) that I would be responsible for the shipping charges (both ways!) and, only after I asked to speak to a supervisor, was "credited" return shipping only, I STILL had to pay to ship my BRAND NEW WATCH for repair! Second, I shipped the watch on July 12 from NC to NY and was told on July 26 that they had "just received the watch yesterday" (two weeks in transit, REALLY?) and that it would be THREE TO SIX WEEKS to repair the watch!!! You have GOT to be kidding me! It literally takes 5 minutes -if that- to change a battery and I have to wait UP TO SIX WEEKS??? O M G, am I not happy with this company. I would just return it, but by the time I get it back, it will be too late, so now I'm stuck with it. (Happy Birthday, Honey! I know your birthday was in June, but maybe you'll get to wear your gift by Thanksgiving!!) Nice. Really.



BTW...I don't feel this is AMAZON's fault, as I have had many very positive buying experiences with them and I LOVE free super saver shipping, so buy from Amazon, just buy a different watch! WENGER SUX!! Sorry for the language, but if the shoe fits...'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information