Sunday 31 July 2011

Power Tools - stapler, nailer


[UPDATE 7-31-09: Still working nicely after more than a year. Used very frequently. Just recently overboarded a paneled room with beadboard. Shot over 3000 staples with only two or three misfires on the whole job. No jams. This is a great stapler!]

[UPDATE 8-8-08: I don't see how you can go wrong with this one. Only $30 and works like a charm. As good as staplers 3 times the price!]



This is my second Grizzly stapler. The other one is the H7677. The 7677 is good but this one is better. The H7678 seems to have a little more oomph than the 7677. It also has a depth adjustment which is nice. It is light weight and is easier to load than the 7677. Overall a little higher quality.



The H7678 does not support bump mode stapling but that is not necessarily a bad thing. With no bump mode there is less chance of accidentally stapling your leg, (or worse). Plus my 7677 is getting it's bump mode switch repaired at Grizzly. So not having a bump mode switch is another thing that can't break. (The repair on my 7677 was covered under warranty and Grizzly has a great support office.)



Grizzly tools are not flashy. You might even say they are ugly. None of the functioning parts are covered by decorative plastic, and the industrial green paint is, well, ugly. However Grizzly tools work. They do exactly what they are designed to do. So if you are looking for a good basic stapler that will work just as well as prettier units costing twice as much, I think the H7678 is a great choice. I highly recommend the H7678. Grizzly H7678 18 Gauge Deep Stapler Kit

I recently installed a wood shadowbox style fence in my backyard. Since this was a one-man DIY project my plan was to attach the fence pickets to a top and bottom support rail with 1.5 inch stainless steel staples, then staple on a top and bottom trim piece to mirror the support rail on the opposite side (so the fence appears the same on both sides) and then use just a few screws in each corner and middle to sandwich the completed panel together. The idea was to save time and money by using staples wherever possible and fewer screws but still end up with a sturdy fence.



I own several Porter Cable air tools, but the PC stapler I own only accommodates narrow crown staples not exceeding 1" in length. I wasn't sure I wanted to spend $85-$100 on a new Porter stapler that would handle the 1.5" long staples so I figured I'd try the Grizzly Deep Stapler Kit. The gun could not have performed any better. It was perfect. I fired just under 2,500 staples in this fence WITHOUT a single jam or misfire. Each staple sank with the same consistency and seemed to bite really well - so well that I almost reconsidered the need to use screws anywhere on the completed fence (I did as originally planned). As a bonus the gun even came with a storage case (although it seems pretty flimsy - but my Porter stapler came with nothing so the case is better than that) and a set of protective goggles.



For $31 (including shipping charges) you can't go wrong with the Grizzly!

I am highly disappointed in this gun.It misfired right out of the box. I've never owned a Grizzly item before and I am sure this will be my only one unless someone can convinced me otherwise. I had 45 sheets of beadboard to put up and I almost have to fire it twice on every hit. Not good!

this is one fine stapler never miss fired in over five thousand staples. at the incredible price of 39.00 brand new, an excellent value. great for cabinet work , molding ,trim, even shingles (cedar 1/2 round). replaces a brad nailer in a number cases. Only draw back is the storage case it could be larger to store extra staples. its a home run otherwise - Nailer - Pneumatic Stapler - Stapler - Power Tools'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information