Sunday 31 July 2011

Iphone Lcd Replacement 3g


I am an IT Professional of 20 Years. I am also VERY PICKY about my iPhone. This replacement is PERFECT. I cannot tell the difference between this and the orginal glass. NOTE: This installation is TRICKY. Watch the You-Tube Videos FIRST. Also, use the suction cup method to remove the glass - do not pry it up! When it comes to separating the glass from the plastic frame, BREAK THE BROKEN GLASS from the inside out! Then try the hair dryer to melt the glue. It will save you hours. These tips will make sense once you watch the videos. Good Luck! Replacement Apple iPhone 3g Glass Screen + Digitizer + Adhesive Lens Cover

Ordered this along with the LCD screen, popped it in, and it worked. it's a pain to do but what really helped was that double-sided pre-cut tape they include with the product. Time will tell if the "stick" lasts, but for now it's stuck on there pretty good. the wireless finest products worked and are high quality parts. i was expecting to get ripped off. They first sent me the wrong part, but were very responsive, reimbursed me, sent out the right part, and apologized which can be scary when you're dealign with 3rd party vendors.



Just a warning as far as them sending me the wrong part: the connector's different for the 3g and 3gs. The 3gs has a metal plate on the end of connector from the digitizer, and the 3g does not have the metal plate (at least in the one's that they sent me) So if you have a 3g, and you get the one with the metal plate, it will not fit in the connection you need to return it. Trust me i tried for 2 hours.

Let me start by saying that anyone who posts a negative review couldn't possibly do so because of the product, which is what Amazon reviews are supposed to be based on. The product ordered is exactly what is described in the listing - a replacement glass and digitizer for an iPhone 3G. It is of equal quality to the original, and may even be the actual OEM part. It is just as responsive as the original iPhone screen. That's it. Case closed.



Installation is borderline difficult, but anyone who's ever taken apart something electronic can handle it. There are numerous tutorials and YouTube videos describing the process, and if you take your time and BE CAREFUL it is not hard at all. You just have to be precise in your actions. The most difficult part for me was getting all of the broken glass off of the frame and scraping away the old adhesive. But once that was done, the new glass layed right into place and the new adhesive stuck to the frame instantly and has shown no signs of lifting so far.



Overall, I highly recommend this product as a cheaper alternative to the $199 Apple replacement. You get to keep your phone instead of getting a refurbished one and you won't lose any data in the process. And if you take your time, the installation is easy. Or you can pay me to do it if you want! :-)

The part is very good (and could deserve a 5 star with proper instructions), and will work perfectly. Be very careful when opening your phone, as you can easily break things. Watch the various you-tube videos before STARTING your project, or you are guaranteed to break something. I cracked my LCD screen, and am now paying this company another $30 for a new LCD. Could have saved myself some money if they had included GOOD directions.

I managed to crack my second iphone screen last Friday. Wanting to have the parts to fix it by Saturday, I overlooked ebay in favor of Amazon (overnight shipping). I am a bit embarassed to say that I have already had to replace the digitizer and screen once and the first replacement screen I purchased on ebay worked, but felt rough and cheap. Unfortunately, I assumed that all of these replacement screens were essentially created equal--That isn't really the case.



To me, this screen feels and acts just as the original OEM did, much better than the cheaper replacement I bought on ebay several months ago. Items were shipped well and unlike my ebay purchase, the adhesive wasn't baked onto 3M contact paper. These are great; order 2, just in case...face it- if you were hard enough on the phone to break it the first time, it will probably happen again....

This product was very reasonably priced and was exactly what was needed for my I-Phone which had a cracked screen. I made sure to read other reviews before buying and they were extremely helpful in tips and video links showing how to do the replacement. The only problem I encountered was having a screwdriver small enough to fit the screws correctly (I didn't order the repair kit as I did have eyeglass screwdrivers) I would suggest ordering the kit.

Where do I start... Well I guess I should say I'm your average tech shopper. I am always looking for a good deal, and I am very hands on with my tech products (computers, phones, etc.). So when I saw how cheap the digitizer screen from New Harbor was, I had to buy it. See I recently purchased a damaged iPhone from a friend of mine for a great price, and all I needed to do was replace the screen and buttons on the product. I did some research, and saw a few great reviews for this product, and I saw the price, so I took a chance and made a purchase. I also bought another product from New Harbor on the same order.



So after placing my order, I anxiously awaited my screens arrival, and the shipping was great. Nice and fast, just like they promised, but upon arrival, everything went downhill. The screen I ordered was the wrong one, and therefor useless, not to mention the fact that it was damaged. How am I supposed to replace a damaged screen, with another damaged screen? So I promptly contacted the seller and told them about what had happened. Their storefront says they answer all emails within 10 hours, and they will always accept damaged product back less shipping costs. So after 2 days (not quite 10 hours...) they send me a message back saying...



"Hi~



Thank you for your email, we sincere apologize for the trouble, we are willing to take the responsibility, would you please provide a picture of the damaged item and outside package, these will help us to solve the problem easily, please resize the picture if you can, it is difficult to open a large size picture, and please send it via email.



Can you please tell me how many items have problem?Also please provide the pictures.



Thanks for understanding.



Best regards,

New Harbor"



Well I did provide pictures of the damaged product. Worse than that, the other set of buttons I ordered was missing one of the buttons! How can they advertise a set of 3 buttons, but only send 2? After sending the pictures of the damaged and missing product, they sent me another email this morning (2 days later again, still missing that 10 hour promise window). Keep in mind that my iPhone has now been useless for 2 weeks now, even though I paid extra for faster shipping. Their new email says...



"Hi~



Sorry for the inconvenience.

Normally we don't accept any return if there is nothing wrong with out item, but we must do our best to help you.

For this issue, if it is not our fault, we can accept your return for refund MINUS shipping fee $13.97.

Return instruction will be sent to you after we get your further update.



Best regards,

New Harbor"



I don't claim to know how to be a smart business person, but if you're trying to grow your business, maybe you shouldn't ship the wrong product, missing parts, and damaged, and then claim that none of it is your fault. So long story short, I contacted Amazon directly, and upon investigation they will be returning my money, including shipping costs. Thanks Amazon, but for everyone else, I would seriously avoid buying from these guys at New Harbor. Just awful.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information