Saturday 30 July 2011

Vtech Cordless Phone - cordless phone, vtech


Pros: Relatively cheap, especially if you are not paying Amazon.com price. You can get these phones for 19.99 elsewhere. Small footprint. Looks good. Intuitive setup. Sound comes through loud and clear.



Cons: So far, everyone I have called told me that there is breakup and static and other artifacts on their end....worse than my dead Uniden cordless phone (also a cheapie.)



Summary: Decent for the price, but definitely not perfect. Vtech DECT 6.0 Silver/Black Expandable Cordless Phone with Caller ID and Handset Speakerphone (CS6219)

Just got this phone and set it up, so I can't really say yet how it will function as a phone. It looks like it will be fine ...



... Except that it would have been good to know that you can't use a headset with it. The handsets have no place to plug a headset in. (I like to wear a headset and slip the handset into a pocket, to be able to talk hands-free.) As far as I can tell (and if anybody knows different, please reply and let me know) you can't do that with this phone system. Since my prior cordless phone, which was ancient and cheap, had such a feature, I figured all cordless phones did.



Oh, well.

Bought it more than one month ago as a replacement of my previous 5.8GHz cordless phone. I had a gift certificate plus there was an on-line promotion at that time, therefore, it was a good buy for me. This is a DECT phone which works as a stand-alone phone (including the base station, not just a handset expansion). I tested with friends, all of them said that the sound quality was very good. Easy to navigate through the menu and settings. Provide "pause" which is useful when using a calling card. I haven't found any disappointment yet. So far, I am very pleased with it.

I am so happy with this phone. I have MS and have quite a problem pushing small buttons. This phone has really nice size buttons, so it is easier for me to use.



I really like the fact that it has an directory, so I am able to find the numbers that I use the most. It was quite easy to follow the instructions on how to put the numbers into the phone too. They are very clear and concise.



Because of my MS I am only able to whisper, but with this phone it doesn't seem to be a problem for other people to hear me. However, I tried using the speakerphone and the people could just barely hear me, so I think if I was able to speak in a normal voice, it probably would be just fine too.



I thought the phone was quite reasonably priced, and I highly recommend it.

I bought these for my mother for Christmas to replace her existing phones. She can hear without the static now, actual see the numbers on the keypad, and doesn't have to worry about the battery dying in the middle of a converstaion. Great price, Great Quality.

This phone looks great, and sounds even better. The call quality is exceptional, I have used it inside, outside, in my basement, and took it out to the mailbox and have never had any static or quality issues. It looks great and is easy to use, other people have complained about the menu, but I thought it was easy to navigate and have had no issues with it. The speaker phone is a bit touch and go, but I never really use that feature, but I tried it, and it was a bit spotty cutting in and out.



The only reason I gave this a 4 and not 5 was that the phone does not just slide right down into the cradle, and if you don't pay attention you can drop it in and it won't actually be charging, so you have to pay attention to the red light that lets you know that is it actually on the charger properly.

Although the sound quality of handset is decent, the battery life is extremely poor. If the phone gets unplugged for only less than 12 hours, the handset will not make/receive calls without being charged again for quite a long time. Also, unless you make an effort to acquaint yourself (frequently!) with the buttons (e.g., phone number storage), you'll be tearing your hair out each time you want to store a phone number as it's not designed to be very intuitive at all.

I was looking for a cheap cordless phone to use with my magic jack. The LCD on my old 5.8 GHz phone was going blank. This one sounds good, looks good, has digital technology, is easy to operate and a great price on Amazon. Had I to do over again I may have bought the model with a second handset so I don't have to go upstairs to my computer to put it back on the charging base. - Cordless Phone - Vtech - Caller Id - Dect Cordless Phone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information