Tuesday 31 May 2011

17 Inch Laptop Backpack - 17 inch laptop backpack, notebook backpack


This backpack perfectly fits the HP HDX18t 18.4" laptop with room to spare. The laptop slot is very nicely padded and fully adjustable for any thickness of laptop. It also has additional padding at the bottom of the backpack that I have not seen in other bags. There are many useful pockets for cords, full keyboards, mice, etc. This is not just a gaming backpack, I use mine for business. Only downside I can see, if you are looking for a bag to fit you 18" laptop and books for school it would be a very very tight squeeze. Otherwise, very comfortable to wear and seems well made. As far as style is concerned, I have been told it makes me look like a turtle...it is not a small bag. Toshiba PA1453U-1BG8 18.4 inches Gaming Backpack

When I upgraded to a 17-inch wide-screen laptop last year, it barely fit into the backpack. When the zipper ripped, I had to get a new one... but after looking for more than a year, I didn't have much confidence that I'd find one as nice.



I found this model on the Toshiba web site, but came to Amazon to purchase it. I'm so glad I did! The description is exactly right. Lots of padding, adjustable wrapper in the laptop section so it's a snug fit, removable panel to store cords and such. It is about 3 inches taller my previous backpack, which makes it ride a little differently. That's not a problem, though, because it also means wider straps (and less fumbling around putting it on).



The smaller zippered compartments on the front and side are a good size for pencils, keys and such. There's also a spring clip to hold your keys.



This bag is not high-fashion, but it is very high quality and has a classic look. The zippers are silver with very nice pull-tabs. Overall, very nice! Definitely recommended for all owners of larger laptops, not just gamers.

I bought this to hold a one of Asus' 17' widescreen gaming laptops and it fits comfortably inside.



As other reviewers noted, the backpack is not very deep, but is more than adequate for a computer plus a wide assortment of accessories (keyboard, mouse, surge protector, cables).



The bag seems durable and well assembled. It also seems to be well designed for usability. I have no regrets on the purchase.

I bought a Toshiab Qosmio 880 laptop in February 2010. It has an 18.4" screen. Because of this, there are only about 2 carrying cases available that will fit this laptop. Most are designed for the 15"-16" screen size that is the most commonly available. Of the 2 cases I found, this was the only backpack. The other was an over the shoulder carry case. This backpack is certainly large enough to fit my massive laptop. If you have a large screen laptop, this is the case you need. It has a large padded compartment in back for the laptop. The middle compartment has a mesh hard backed insert that has many zippered pockets. I use the largest one on top for the powerpack/charging cord as it is fairly large given the size of the laptop and its power needs. There is a smaller zippered pocket on the top of the front that will carry pens and small things like a smal paperback or what I use it for is my Nook charger and a USB charger for my phone. The bottom front pocket fits my logitech trackball perfectly.



The backpack when loaded with the computer and power cord and trackball, probably weighs about 20-25 pounds. Now I am not eager to travel far with this kind of weight set awkwardly on my back. Even with the great padding of the shoulders and the back of the backpack it is not comfortable for more than a few minutes walk. Also once the backpack is loaded with all the computer essentials, there is not rom for things like textbooks. I can put a folder in on top of the computer, but not anything of bulk. It is also quite a bit taller than normal backpacks, and looks like nothing so much as a computer transport, unlike those made for smaller laptops that look like regular backpacks.



I would say if you have a nmormal size computer, like most people, this isn't what you are looking for. If you have a massive gaming laptop 17" or greater like me, it is essential as a means of carrying it around. Overall I am pleased. I don't take my laptopo many places because of its size, but when I do need to take it somewhere, I am glad I have it. I also use it to store my laptop in when I am not using it, as it is padded and keeps it protected.

Well, I didn't have a lot of options to choose from to fit my 18" laptop. The other bags were more like briefcases than backpacks. Which is why I chose to go with this. It fits the laptop (Toshiba Qosmio), a bulky cooling pad with fans, a clipboard for my mousepad, and a thick spiral notebook in the main areas. The pull out netting storage board seems to take up more space than it gives you in organization. Plus it doesn't fit a lot of weird sized items. I removed it. Headphones, mouse, powercord & transformer all nestle in the bottom - leaving room for a hoodie or snacks on top of them. I have no need for a travel keyboard but it seems like there would be plenty of room for one too. The extra outside pockets are okay- good for keys and cards and phones and whatnot. A can soda will fit in the side pouches, but larger bottled ones are a very tight fit. The headphone hole for your tunes seems silly to me, also the bag doesn't stand up easily, even leaning on things, despite the rubber bottom. I have just given up trying to prop it upright. Despite these nitpicks, all in all, I like the bag. It's comfy on your shoulder/s and doesn't add a lot of extra weight to the load. If you are looking for a less "business professional" image in your super long laptop bag choice, I'd go with this. - Toshiba - 17 Inch Laptop Backpack - Laptop Backpack - Notebook Backpack'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information