Monday 30 May 2011

Rope - rope, jump ropes


I bought two ropes at the same time. I use them both. The other one is the classic leather boxers jump rope. The beaded rope is nice. It's has a little bit of heft to it and spins nicely. It works your arms a little bit and does not easily snag and stop if you brush a shoe with it. I use the leather rope for a faster spin, but it stops if it gets anywhere near a shoe. The beaded rope is probably my favorite though. It looks good and it feels good when I'm using it. If you're looking for a solid rope with a little substance to it, this is a good one. Harbinger 331600 9-Foot Beaded Jump Rope

This is an excellent jump rope. The beads are shaped a little differently and provide very uniform weight distribution. For a beaded rope, you can go really fast. Another nice feature is that the nylon string is stretchy, which makes it easier to adjust than a non-stretch string. You can achieve just the right length which provides the best weight distribution. I will point out that this rope is heavier than most beaded ropes (11 oz), so it might take a while to adjust to this. I am very satisfied.

It's a beaded jump rope.



Pros:

High quality.

The beads are nice and handles are comfortable.

Better than most other beaded jump ropes I've used.



Cons:

The caps in the handle fall out easily. Nothing breaks your concentration while jumping like pieces falling off your jump rope.

I am 6'1 and have long arms. This jump rope is just a little short for me. It's easy enough to lengthen but I wish they would include a few extra beads or make it longer by default.



Overall, this is a very nice jump rope. The length issue and cap problem can easily be fixed. I'm just being very critical. If you are looking for a beaded jump rope, you won't be disappointed with this one.

Too bad this nylon rope wears out and tears apart at the handle after a solid week of half hour work sessions. the beads fly out all over once broken and I collected them up and sent for replacement. i liked the weighted feel, and it was VERY comfortable to jump and run-rope with. So I even tried a replacement rope of the same brand and it broke again in just a week. I requested and got a refund for the 2nd rope failure.

DO NOT BUY THIS ROPE-it's fun and enjoyable to use UNTIL it breaks. The failure of the nylon rope makes this a waste of money. TOO BAD!!!

If you are a beginner, buy this rope. It's not too common to find beaded jump ropes at gym so if you are going to buy one jump rope, buy this one.



I would consider myself as an intermediate jump roper. I've been working out on jump rope for about 7 or 8 months and I've become pretty good over that time. Before using this beaded jump rope I used a speed rope most of the time.



I've used this jump rope for a few weeks now and I haven't had any problems. For me, beaded jump ropes are a lot easier to get into a rhythm with. The handles are comfortable. Much of the time I jump rope bear foot. My Harbinger speed rope can really hurt my feet and it's difficult to get into a rhythm with. That might be because I didn't shorten it enough.



I'm 6'0" even and this jump rope feels like it was made for me. If you are over 6'0" you may want to consider another rope. If I was 6'2" it is probably too short for you.



Not a single bead has fallen off yet, but that doesn't mean they won't eventually. They feel like they are on there pretty good.



Like I said, I've only been working out with it for 3 weeks. I use it on a wood floor. I carry it with me to the gym in my backpack and I don't have to worry about it getting tangled up. I have to leave my speed rope at the gym because it gets tangled up and annoying every time I carry it anywhere.

This jump rope won't tangle, is a little heavy, and makes a crisp sound when it hits the floor. Basically, this is perfect for new people who jump rope because you can definitely get the rythme down. Plus, the beads protect the rope from being torn apart by rough surfaces. (i.e. concrete) Don't expect to be doing any fast roping or tricks though.

The description on Amazon website said that it was adjustable but when I received it there were no instructions to adjust it. I called the company and they said it wasn't adjustable so I had to return it.

I've had it for few weeks now, use it about twice a week, outside on my paved patio and it's holding up just fine. The weight seems to be good, especially since I use it outside. It's fine for inside work as well. You can easily adjust the length by removing beets from one side. The speed appears good to me, even though I'm a novice when it comes to jump rope workout, so I can't tell how it really compares to others. I think if it holds up by me banging it against the pavement for few months at least, then I'll have no problem ordering another one in the future. - Rope - Skipping Rope - Jump Ropes'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information