Tuesday 31 May 2011

Acdc Adapters - ac adapter, acdc adapters


In case anyone else is wondering this adapter's max output is 500mA or one-half Ampere. The item description does not mention this and I had to search the Internet to find out. Before ordering an AC adapter make sure it can output enough current to meet your device's needed. Ordered this from Amazon; it shipped and was received promptly. The item I received was brand new and preset to 110V. Upon testing the DC voltage output and polarity I discovered the output voltage DOES NOT MATCH the labeled values and was in fact twice the labeled values! Be very careful when using this product and test it with a multimeter before plugging it into your electronics. I don't know if this problem is specific to the item I received or whether it is common to all of this model. In my case I needed 12V but when I set it to 12V the measured output was 25V! I had to set it to 6V to make it output 12.5V. On the positive side the polarity switch is correct, the powered red indicator LED works and the unit runs cool to the touch. Can't attest to the long-term quality of the product as I've only had it for a day but may update this review later. Cables Unlimited AUD-6000 Universal AC/DC Power Adapter (Black)

Works great and as intended. I'll have many uses for this.



For now, I used the 9 volt connector and wired it to my baby's battery operated swing. This is a much better alternative to burning through 4-D batteries every other week or using rechargeable batteries that are AA in D clothing.

I've had one of these models for at least five years now, and have left it plugged in constantly for all five years. I use it to power a walkman that I listen to at night with headphones so as not to disturb anyone else, and a small model is better to keep on a nightstand than a full radio. The adapter works perfectly fine for the job intended.



It started getting kinda hot a couple years ago, but nothing I really worry about. Just keep blankets or other flammables away from it should you be worried about this. My only real complaint is the wire inside the plastic coating broke. Once it's been used so long and the cord bent so much, the wire just snapped. Now to get my walkman to work, I have to bend the adapter's cord at odd angles until the CD starts and then hope nothing accidently bumps into the cord forcing me to spend another 10-plus minutes finding that perfect angle to get it to work again.



As I said, I have kept this adapter plugged in constantly for the last five years, and having only paid 5 dollars the first time, I consider this a pretty good buy. Definitely plan on getting another one, probably two so when one breaks in five years, I'll have a replacement. This is a perfectly good adapter for use on small things, and stood up to constant use very well. I can't speak for anyone wanting to use this item on larger appliances, but for small things, I definitely reccomend it.

I bought this item to power a guitar wah pedal. I'm tired of switching out 9v batteries. Unfortunately it causes a terrible hum in the amp so I can't use it. I don't fault the makers of this item because I'm sure this isn't the intended purpose. It seems to be decently made and would work for other applications

Unfortunately this universal adapter was not so universal. I used to have one years ago and I could hook that up to my cd-player but this one didn't fit on a locally bought cd-player nor on old one I have from Europe. I wonder what everyday appliance works on it. And on top of it the casing of the power block was not straight.

A bit disappointing to say the least.

This item is for use when you cannot find your power cord to your laptop, or some other medium to small device. It is multi-functional and arrived when seller said it would arrive. It is a cord, what else can someone say about it. Just make sure it has the power you need for whatever you intend to use it for. - Ac-dc - Ac Adapter - Acdc Adapters - Power Supply'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information