Monday 30 May 2011

Book Covers - book covers, cover


The cover doesn't fit my 8 x 11 books. It doesn't even come close.It looks kinda stupid, but it will do for now. I'm sure people will look funny at me. lol! I'm scared the seems are going to rip! I bought it because I liked the graphics on them, too. This ad obviously doesn't tell you what book sizes they fit. Probably 7 x 10! It's Academic 97100 Stretchable Book Cover

This is a great idea. Back in my day we had to make our own book covers from paper bags. Not anymore, you have a one size fit all solution that is quick and easy that the kids can do themselves. Plus they hold up well so they will last more than one school year.

This review is for style #97100. While the type of material is as nice as any other stretchy book cover and the colors or designs to choose from are nice, my major complaint is with the actual design of the cover. These DO NOT protect the spine corners of the book at all. It will slip on easily enough and fit around the edges but once on it shrinks back together in the middle of the book leaving half of your corners exposed and not at all protecting the book. If you pull into place, once you open the book for use it pops back off the spine. Really frustrating.



It does look ill fitting.



I did actually measure my book to make sure I hadn't put it on too large of a book. My books are indeed 8.5 by 11 inches. Basically they scrimped on the fabric and design so that you get what you pay for and a cover that does not really "cover". I hated these covers and will return them as soon as I can, but what a hassle to do so. Avoid these. Spend a little more money and get nicer ones. - Kids - Cover - Book Covers - School Supplies'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information