Tuesday 31 May 2011

Blackberry Car Charger - charger, palm pre charger


It worked ok directly plugged into the phone, but I bought this to power a touchstone in the car. It did not have enough juice to do so. Apparently the official palm car charger does, so I am going to try that one. USB Data Cable + USB Car Charger + USB Home Travel Charger for Sprint Palm Pre Smartphone

i received the product and my wall adapter didn't charge my phone and i emailed the company and they emailed me back the same day saying that they would ship me a new one and they, and it works. So over all i was pleased with the product and customer service

My phone would charge when I first used this charger, but have since stop when I plug it into my 12V adapter. The LED is on and my phone chimes as if it's getting "juice", but the battery doesn't charge up. I will be troubleshooting later.

The title says it all: Its OK for charging a Palm Pre alone but no use for charging the Palm Pre sitting on the Touchstone. I don't know why!

Earlier I bought an 'after market' charger for my Pre, however I found it generated only 600mA: Considering I wanted to use it with the Palm Touchstone charger, that wasn't sufficient as it simply wouldn't run the Touchstone which needs 1,000mA while it charges the Palm Pre.

(1,000mA[1mA=1,000th of an Amp] or 1.0A or 1A [A=Amp short for Ampère, the Frenchman who described it back in the 19th century.])

SO, I saw the above item advertised. It was also an 'after-market' item, but as it generated 1A I thought it would do the job. Surprise surprise, it ALSO was not usable with the Touchstone.

The non-working symptom is simple: Plug it into the wall, attach it's cable to the Touchstone, then plonk the Pre onto it and see what happens: IF the Pre repeats it's 'plonk-on double-tone' approx every 30 seconds then it does NOT work -- and that's exactly what happened with the reviewed item, even though it generated 1A!

Don't ask me why. All I know is NOW I have to find the genuine article.

I recently purchased a USB Data Cable + USB Car Charger + USB Home Travel Charger for Sprint Palm Pre Smartphone. I received my purchase in a timely manner. My only problem with this purchase is that in order to get it to work, you have to wiggle the cord for it to start charging my phone but it will work.

Bought this charger for my best friend as a gift for his birthday and he told me that once he connected his palm pre to the charger the phone would go craze and the screen would turn on and off by itself. Don't buy go get a palm charger and save your phone from messing up.

This is a great charger for inside and out, but it appears that my cord may have a short. It did not work real well in the car, but it works in the house. Great find, great price, but just a little disappointed. - Pre - Palm Pre Charger - Accessory Combo Packs - Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information