Monday 30 May 2011

Cordless Screwdriver - black and decker, cordless


This system should be re-marketed to the home owner. It's the best out there for most jobs. It's light, fast enough, extremely convenient if you have two versapak batteriesBlack and Decker VP105 VersaPak 3.6-Volt 1.2 Amp Hour NiCad Stick Style Battery, 2 Pack. I'm going to start giving them for gifts. Beats the new, bulky powerhouse tools hands down! Black & Decker VP800 3.6-Volt Versapak Screwdriver

This is a decent screwdriver that has an adjustable torque collet that works pretty good. Battery holds charge for over 3 weeks and works fine.



I would've given it 5 stars had the motor shaft not been bent. It is a little difficult to insert small screws when the shaft wobbles as you are trying to work. B&D needs better quality control for the shaft should be straight within 0.5 degree from the factory. Not hard to do.

I purchased this to have around the house for small jobs, to save stress on hands and wrists. It does the job quite nicely. So far, it's been able to easily drive screws in each case we've tried - plaster walls, wood, aluminum, and do so with relative ease. There's a torque dial to help with the needed strength of turning. It's a little heavy to hold, but that's minimal, compared to the benefits.



I haven't figured out how to use the angled part well, because it makes it too hard (for *me, with hand problems) to drive the screw when you can't hold it straight. But I'm sure the angle would do fine if the particular screw use didn't require some hand pressure. Overall, I'd definitely buy it again. It's GREAT for anyone who has thumb and/or wrist problems that are exacerbated by using a standard screwdriver.

I use this in place of my screw drivers and my drill, in part. I bought a hex-shanked drill bits. It will do light drilling and make pilot holes into any wood. I now rarely reach for a regular drill and this tool will do a large proportion of that work. I got rid of my battery powered drill and I'm down to this and a corded drill and these two tools cover all my needs for this type of work. Granted, if I'm drilling 1/4 holes its not fast but unless I'm doing several on a large project, again, I just use this. You can also get drill chucks to fit it. With a pair of gold batteries using this for electrical work, you can work non-stop. I can say it will put 1 1/2 in. dry wall screw into pine all the way.

This battery powered screwdriver can be adjusted to a 45% angle and has variable speed/torque settings. Has plenty of power and really saves your hand when screwing in or out long screws or bolts. I can't figure out why they are so hard to find now-a-days. Before buing on-line I had looked for several months at Lowes and Home Depot and never saw this type screw driver. Why aren't they being stocked anymore? I also like being able to swap out the batteries if one should run down, no waiting for the battery to recharge. This is a good buy and product. - Cordless - Black And Decker - Rechargeable Batteries - Screwdriver'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information