Monday 30 May 2011

Shrinky Dinks


Fun to watch the little shapes curl up in the oven, then flatten out again. If I had not read the directions first, I might have taken them out too soon and been frustrated with the curled up edges. I hadn't done these since I was a kid myself and had forgotten just how much they actually shrink. The pre-punched hole in the shapes shrunk so much that it was difficult to fit the string from the kit through the holes. We made do with some other jewelry string we had in our craft drawer and added some of our own beads, too. My daughter loved it, and I had fun, too. Just make sure you read the directions first! Alex Toys Shrinky Dink Kits, Good Time Jewelry

There were several minutes in the cooking process where I thought there was no chance these things were making it out looking normal... but we waited and waited and waited and then all of the sudden... Yay! They unfurled themselves and shrunk and looked totally great! Phew! Great project that I remember loving as a child. Happy to pass them along to my daughter :)'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information